New here bought an FZJ80 in terrible condition (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did toyota make a dog / cargo barrier for these things? I went 4 wheeling yesterday, and all my gear is floating around in the back. I'd prefer not to kill one of my kids if my gear come forward of the seat.

Ideas,

A bit of wiring.
Almost finished with this stuff.

2175967C-C22A-4F04-97D8-02066A1C4E5F.jpeg

Part two of our Land Cruiser build VLOG.

Got a lot more done, hint, went to Moab over labor day weekend with it.

Also installed a few missing suspension bolts. Just need wiring harnesses for the lockers.

Waiting for new mirrors to arrive.

Installed the seats Saturday. Super comfy. Love them.

View attachment 2415447

How difficult was it to install the WRX seats using the original hardware? Did you have to make any modifications? Thanks.

Alright took my first trip up to American Fork with this thing last weekend. Had a good time. Even though I didn't have working lockers and 35" tall tires, I made it up this trail pretty far. We did have to winch a lot at the top because we got high centered. But the truck did pretty well.

How difficult was it to install the WRX seats using the original hardware? Did you have to make any modifications? Thanks.

Really not too bad. I cut off the floor mounts on the WRX seats, then I used the tracks / rails from the original seats (FJ80). Welded some flat 2" wide strap across the WRX seats. Then put the seat mounts from the 80 back in the truck, bolted them to the floor. Threw a leather welding coat on the floor and tack welded the WRX seat to the original mounts. After that I finish welded them outside the truck. They fit pretty good. A bit higher than the originals, but that fixes the thing i hate most about toyota's, sitting on the damn seat with my knees up around me head. Now I'm much more comfortable, and the seats really hold you in, when off-road.

Alright took my first trip up to American Fork with this thing last weekend. Had a good time. Even though I didn't have working lockers and 35" tall tires, I made it up this trail pretty far. We did have to winch a lot at the top because we got high centered. But the truck did pretty well.

Looks like a lot of fun!

You amy have been able to climb better letting out some air from the tires.

I also run Duratracs, and they don't bite well unless they are about 12 LBS. I ran them at 18 LBS and was hard on the throttle getting tire spin. I beat it much harder than I wanted to. The other All-Terrain tires seemed to do much better in our group.

I was down to about 20.

I’m not impressed with the duratracs much.

I prefer mud terrains. Still deciding on what go with once these wear out.

Looks like a lot of fun!

You amy have been able to climb better letting out some air from the tires.

I also run Duratracs, and they don't bite well unless they are about 12 LBS. I ran them at 18 LBS and was hard on the throttle getting tire spin. I beat it much harder than I wanted to. The other All-Terrain tires seemed to do much better in our group.

Ok more done.

Built my own cargo barrier. I have some clean up needed to finish it up. Some cutting. And some more welding. But initial fit up is pretty nice. I tied into the factory third row seat mounts.

Then Installed my subwoofer and bolted it to the floor.

9466D422-FB80-42FC-B5E6-6BC9C4938358.jpeg
380B7F9D-CD60-4CEE-8983-E4472D611133.jpeg
65A0F630-08E0-46F0-B0C5-4D8958C6BE1A.jpeg
94208C9D-047A-474B-8079-EE9C5CDFF4A3.jpeg

All the switches are done and finally functioning.

Gotta say unfortunately I was impressed with the vendor. No instructions for the wiring harness kit. They sent me one wrong harness and I had to cut and splice the factory connector from my original harness into the new one I bought.

403C7E8D-8E03-492A-B0E2-77C4961AEC30.jpeg

Bunch of other stuff.

Went to Moab. Conquered Kane Creek with smaller tires than recommended. Videos on that coming soon. Some body damage was incurred. We lost a fender flare and rear mud flap. Those are now all being deleted.

going up hamburger hill in the dark sucked.

CC9A8FE4-DFE9-47CC-8B11-C2740892C5B9.jpeg

Impressive fab work on the screen. You could store a spare motor back there and not have to worry about it coming through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom