New here bought an FZJ80 in terrible condition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1FZ-FE is almost back together. Someone should really shoot the engineer that designed this engine space. Seriously what the hell. When you have to lay on the ground with a 4 foot extension to tighten to manifold nuts it’s a bit ridiculous. Well it’ll never come back apart. New fuel filter, new gaskets, “new” wiring harness, new air filter, EGR delete, new oil filter, complete tune up. The thing should run like a million dollars.
View attachment 2412071View attachment 2412072View attachment 2412073View attachment 2412074
It was designed for skinny "Japanese arms", not big American arms. I can barely fit my hands in a lot of places on my 80. Oh well.

Your progress is impressive 👍

My 80 as well as my BIL’s 80 were both built 6/95 and are both titled and registered as 1995. Both have all the same electronicals and obd2 as the 1996 models.

I got it to start on the fourth attempt.
1st attempt : dead battery
2nd attempt: still dead
3rd attempt : fuel leak
4th attempt : fired up.
DE214AB6-129D-491C-BE34-6F124AF12A97.jpeg
DE214AB6-129D-491C-BE34-6F124AF12A97.jpeg

Took it for a quick drive. Engine is very smooth. Transmission shifts great. Engine was running like crap before.

No check engine light anymore. Just an ABS warning light now.

transmission position indicators on the cluster are not working now, weird.

EGR deleted and vacuum lines plugged.

Took it for a quick drive. Engine is very smooth. Transmission shifts great. Engine was running like crap before.

No check engine light anymore. Just an ABS warning light now.

transmission position indicators on the cluster are not working now, weird.

EGR deleted and vacuum lines plugged.

Also installed a few missing suspension bolts. Just need wiring harnesses for the lockers.

Waiting for new mirrors to arrive.

Installed the seats Saturday. Super comfy. Love them.

E39047AC-DE2B-43B2-B230-EB62698A528D.jpeg

Ordering new locker wiring harnesses and switches from 12Volt guy. I’ll put the switches by the for switch or near the shifter.

252CF998-8888-4178-B7D3-4BE8D532702B.jpeg

Bent ARB bumper maybe replaced or I’ll try to have a frame shop fix it. Not sure yet. It’ll be getting a new winch anyway.
B4079610-CBCF-494A-80EF-E5D3F43914E1.jpeg

Anyone want to buy a 1UZFE engine, wiring harness, computer and transmission. I was going to use it in my other land cruiser. But I lost interest in the conversion.

Looking good. If you want I can hook you up with some patterns to cut new leather for the shifter and steering wheel. You will need to go to, at least, hobby lobby and buy some scrap leather and do a baseball stitch, but other than time, it is about 10 dollars in supplies when you are done.

Changed the oil in the engine today. It’s running really smooth. Drives pretty good.

Ordered wiring kits for my lockers from low range off road. I thought they were still located in Orem Utah. I wanted to go down and pick them up. Unfortunately they moved to Komifornia so I have to wait until next week. (Sad face).

waiting on a set of new Mirrors and a snorkel. And the build will be done for a while.

Ok. Got a little more done yesterday. Installed my new mirrors. After Ali most a month of waiting for them to show up. Also installed my front door speakers while I was in there.

A little more finished. I swapped my bumper from my first land cruiser to my new one.

hooked up my winch to the battery. Hide my solenoid box behind the grill.

2D8C4C4A-C348-429D-B460-BC7D54FBDE5D.jpeg
BA9AB37A-245B-4842-866D-73AE0722E524.jpeg
49A6E19B-45FC-41C1-A4D6-CADC3BD222A5.jpeg
4B661F7F-2758-41D9-ACEB-41DE5B1C5BBE.jpeg

Waiting on my locker wiring harnesses. Hopefully they will be here next week.

trying to get it done by tomorrow to go four wheeling.

Lights are on. Just need to wire them up.

I have a fog light switch in the cab. Anyone know where the wires are at for it in the front of the engine bay?

BC549ADD-CA79-4AA6-B8DD-59AC58525AEA.jpeg

Did toyota make a dog / cargo barrier for these things? I went 4 wheeling yesterday, and all my gear is floating around in the back. I'd prefer not to kill one of my kids if my gear come forward of the seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom