New here bought an FZJ80 in terrible condition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Remember it is the struggle that you go through that makes you love it more and the reason why it will cost someone so much when/if you sell it. Ha

Bought this for my punishment and penance.

I work on these usually. One my business partner and I are rebuilding.

857047A6-F5EA-42C7-8F25-E6756B9AEF91.jpeg

That worked a treat. Thanks. Got the last two changed. Tomorrow I’ll get a new valve cover gasket and finish it up. Just waiting on the wiring harness and I’m about finished. With the engine. LOL

I had that happen on my taco...very annoying. I think I removed the rubber washer on the plug socket and got it to grab the rubber and twist some off...

That worked a treat. Thanks. Got the last two changed. Tomorrow I’ll get a new valve cover gasket and finish it up. Just waiting on the wiring harness and I’m about finished. With the engine. LOL
Probably should do the spark plug tube seals and the PCV grommet while you're in there as well.

So, you got the spark plugs out? Many of us have spent hours with picks trying to get those pieces out of the #6 hole.

Of you can get the marine version of those butt connectors you will not be sorry. They do the same heat shrink but they have glue that seals them in making the connection more secure later on. Obviously the tape job you did will be just fine too.

Of you can get the marine version of those butt connectors you will not be sorry. They do the same heat shrink but they have glue that seals them in making the connection more secure later on. Obviously the tape job you did will be just fine too.

I coated all the connections with the liquid electrical tape stuff. Should be okay. And I live in a desert.

Sawtooth, if you haven't seen it yet, go to partsouq.com and punch in the vintage number. The site has near every part number and schematic s of each parts group, listing bolts, connectors, assemblies and near everything else. In the least you can find the part number to search for and at times they are cheaper than many local sources for parts. They are in Dubai but I've ordered parts and had them in 4 days whereas a local parts source has taken 5 days and they're only an hour drive away, but dont allow parts pickup.

I coated all the connections with the liquid electrical tape stuff. Should be okay. And I live in a desert.
Hey man, I have a complete (new) elocker harness if you need to see one for reference. I'm not selling it but you're welcome to borrow it if it helps.

Hey man, I have a complete (new) elocker harness if you need to see one for reference. I'm not selling it but you're welcome to borrow it if it helps.

That would be cool. I think most of it is here. Maybe. Lol.

I need to see what I’m missing inside. I’ll do that once I clean the carpets and install the stereo.

I’ll give you a call next week.

Ok. Engine progress. Just waiting on a new harness to finish this up and get the manifolds back on.

Plugged off some pesky crap.
DCD7534B-7AE4-4F6B-BC0B-AAFC1240C651.jpeg

BF24DD47-78D9-46C3-A492-1ED890ACF959.jpeg

E810E6D5-4975-48DD-89BF-A6822255AEDE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom