New here bought an FZJ80 in terrible condition (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, that was the idea. I grew up watching Rovers on National Geographic... They are 16" wheels from 3rd gen 4runner spare tires. More angles. below.

801.jpg
802.jpg
803.jpg

Noting like spending hours ripping out the old wiring harness only to discover the “new” harness won’t plug into the transmission wiring.

I want to kill myself. I hate eBay.

is it possible and this might seem to easy. That one plugin on the computer is for the transmission, and is it’s own harness actually. Please say yes and tell me which plug in it is.

Need a harness from @slow95z or @arcteryx ? They do these trucks a lot and may have one.

Wiring harness tag for the one that was in it.

D3D3D33E-3C6E-4F56-978A-296F8C4E0509.jpeg

I’m thinking the guy that owned it before had a wiring harness problem. There were loads of cuts and splices in it. He completely cut off the transmission plug and wires a new one in. I don’t know what I’m going to do here. So I’m going to research some more.

Some reference pictures

I guess I have a 1996.Showing ~171k mikes.

VIN Plate
View attachment 2410159
Are you sure that's considered a 96? Mine was made in 08/95 and is considered a 96, but I though 08 month was the "cutoff" I'm sure the VIN description thread tells us, or Onur or CDan can back it up.

Either way the 95 and 96 carry the same harness unless it's an LX.

The harness I bought is the wrong one. So I guess I'll be sending it back. Too bad, it was in really good shape.

I think I found another one. I'm just confirming with the seller.

A 1995-1997 uses engine harness 82121-60343 engine wiring harness

You'll get an EGR code right off the hop after doing that delete. Go ahead and get a 1k ohm resistor to jump across the egr temp sensor to make that circuit happy.

Ordered a new harness. $350 plus shipping. I'm starting to cry inside. But I'll just sell the other one I have. I'm going to take my winch and bumper off the other one, throw this ARB bumper on the other one, and call it a day. I think I'll switch my wheels and tires. That drops my cost into the other one by almost $2500, and I'll be happy to have this one.

I don't know why other than the factory lockers. The other one is in much better shape.

Are you sure that's considered a 96? Mine was made in 08/95 and is considered a 96, but I though 08 month was the "cutoff" I'm sure the VIN description thread tells us, or Onur or CDan can back it up.

Either way the 95 and 96 carry the same harness unless it's an LX.
An LX has a different harness than regular '95'97 models? That's news to me if true.

An LX has a different harness than regular '95'97 models? That's news to me if true.
There are slight variances. Particularly for the interior harnesses and the extra doodads. Such as climate control, temperature monitoring.

Also, the LX has more of the same items as included in some of the overseas models.

I think the engine, headlight harnesses are the same. I would need to confirm part numbers to be sure.

1FZ-FE is almost back together. Someone should really shoot the engineer that designed this engine space. Seriously what the hell. When you have to lay on the ground with a 4 foot extension to tighten to manifold nuts it’s a bit ridiculous. Well it’ll never come back apart. New fuel filter, new gaskets, “new” wiring harness, new air filter, EGR delete, new oil filter, complete tune up. The thing should run like a million dollars.
3813C63A-425D-4579-A84B-0A0299E0039A.jpeg
BF117412-8437-4455-AB10-1AC4A10A82D7.jpeg
A4F56E61-3454-4535-B7AD-A7B2E973AE46.jpeg
3D0D4C01-CE89-401A-AA6B-0A8464D39EF9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom