New here bought an FZJ80 in terrible condition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice, it sounds like you are well on your way to the diesel. Just build a 4bt and drop her in. I believe there are adaptors on the market to mate a Cummins to the toyota tranny.

As far as fixing stuff, there will always be work needed on a rig that old. But getting an older cruiser and going through the process of driving, fixing, wheeling, and fixing whatever is wrong until everything is up to par, is a very rewarding experience. And the best part is once you get all the kinks worked out you will have developed a much higher confidence in the rig's ability to get you where your going and back home every time. This is an important factor when you live in a western state and like to explore all the remoteness. I truly believe my cruiser is more reliable for offroad use than any brand new vehicle in the us market.

Been Itching to get out to this Mountain Range for a very long time. It didn't seem like the snow would be too bad. The desert floor didn't have much in the way of snow. But as we ascended the canyon we decided to go up to Oro Del Rey Mine. It got pretty deep, pretty fast. So we didn't get to the intended destination, but we still had a good time!

Some upgrades are on the way!

1HDFT has been purchased and shipped.

I will probably do a full rebuild on it before I stick it in the cruiser. Won't be here until March 25th, but I'm pretty damn excited. I'm going to try to use a stock automatic transmission behind it. Starting the research phase now.

My Buddies, Shawn and Tyler accompanied me through the White Rim in Canyonlands. We had a great time. We took 3 days to do it. I really wish we would have had more time to spend on it. Amazing.

One of the more fun Trails we've run on the outskirts of Moab. Probably not known to a lot of people. Tower Arch is in Arches National Park. Loads of fun and a cool hike at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom