New here, Aftermarket upgrades (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, I just recently made an account here and wanted to share some pics along with descriptions of everything I’ve done to my 100 series.

so here is my 100 series currently, I have a 12,000 lb synthetic rough country winch sitting in the garage because I am waiting on a winch frame plate for the tjm t17 front bumper that had to be shipped from Australia. It’s a great bumper and provides lots of good clearance.

I have stock 16 inch rims paired with some Toyo open country R/T LT315/75/R16.

I also have on there the OME 3 inch heavy duty lift kit. This suspension works good for me now but hope to upgrade in the future. At first it was super stiff and had lots of negative effects regarding cv angles and such. But after buying the slee diff drop I got those angles sorted out and now it runs fairly smooth and havnt had any major problems since other than my boot ripping and having the ball joint bust on the highway- scary.

You may notice I don’t have factory mounting points under the bumper, I took those off and put red Ironman 4x4 rated recovery points on there to have a better look and also have bigger spots for shackles for any points to get me unstuck from.

I also have those 2 Crosby shackles from factor 55 that have come in handy more than once. I get stuck a lot at my buddies farm just for fun and having extra of those to lengthen any tow straps was great.

Lighting: I have two light pods from Nilight that were pretty cheap but work well for me. I have those mounted on some 3D mounts I forgot where from. There are other threads about mounts for that though and will probably change them soon. Up front on the bumper I have a 32 inch I think it’s 32 inch nilight light bar which is super bright and great for what I use it for. I’m not out west over landing and in a lot of dust and needing amber lights and super bright lights. So whenever I need extra light but not an absurd amount, that one is great. Especially for the price.
Up top on the roof I have Yakima roof racks along with an Arksen basket from Amazon. It was pretty cheap but later I want to get a nicer one and more low profile. I really don’t use it because I just havnt had to it’s mainly for looks.

I’ll reply with some interior things and pics

7F95B607-ACC8-4FE4-A6FB-2D7078FA357B.png

so here is my 100 series currently, I have a 12,000 lb synthetic rough country winch sitting in the garage because I am waiting on a winch frame plate for the tjm t17 front bumper that had to be shipped from Australia. It’s a great bumper and provides lots of good clearance.

I have stock 16 inch rims paired with some Toyo open country R/T LT315/75/R16.

I also have on there the OME 3 inch heavy duty lift kit. This suspension works good for me now but hope to upgrade in the future. At first it was super stiff and had lots of negative effects regarding cv angles and such. But after buying the slee diff drop I got those angles sorted out and now it runs fairly smooth and havnt had any major problems since other than my boot ripping and having the ball joint bust on the highway- scary.

You may notice I don’t have factory mounting points under the bumper, I took those off and put red Ironman 4x4 rated recovery points on there to have a better look and also have bigger spots for shackles for any points to get me unstuck from.

I also have those 2 Crosby shackles from factor 55 that have come in handy more than once. I get stuck a lot at my buddies farm just for fun and having extra of those to lengthen any tow straps was great.

Lighting: I have two light pods from Nilight that were pretty cheap but work well for me. I have those mounted on some 3D mounts I forgot where from. There are other threads about mounts for that though and will probably change them soon. Up front on the bumper I have a 32 inch I think it’s 32 inch nilight light bar which is super bright and great for what I use it for. I’m not out west over landing and in a lot of dust and needing amber lights and super bright lights. So whenever I need extra light but not an absurd amount, that one is great. Especially for the price.
Up top on the roof I have Yakima roof racks along with an Arksen basket from Amazon. It was pretty cheap but later I want to get a nicer one and more low profile. I really don’t use it because I just havnt had to it’s mainly for looks.

I’ll reply with some interior things and pics

View attachment 2601332
So here is a picture of a rear drawer system I made based off of some guidance from another thread where people have done this as well. It has a complete 2x4 frame surrounded with plywood and the drawers are made of 1/2 inch shelving wood. I bought some carpet from Lowe’s and wrapped it in that. As a latching system I bought two of those locking twist things I’m not sure what their called but you can find them in Lowe’s near the drawer handles and hinges and stuff. I really like these because it keeps your stuff safe and locked away in the drawers along with closing so when you drive the drawers don’t just fling open.
These drawers work great for storage and I can store my tools that I use regularly along with jumper cables, tow straps, recovery gear etc. very happy with how they turned out and I worked on it for about a week just after school each day with a friend so it wouldn’t take too long if you have time. Feel free to message me if you want a full description of the drawer making process and I’ll try to give as detailed measurements as possible to help you.

Also on the last picture you can see I have installed 2 12 inch subs by MTX along with a 1500 w marine amp from Skar Audio. These are great subs and surprisingly still sound good on top of the drawers. Nothing really rattles while their thumping.

DD545C04-2819-4754-B1D8-E8B2CC5C4240.jpeg
FB9F3D22-F264-4E65-9A7E-2C47DB94F47D.jpeg
417C57AA-969D-46BB-8F07-87F92A433251.jpeg
F558D5E1-9F6F-4087-B5D9-7E7E121E3003.jpeg

So here is a picture of a rear drawer system I made based off of some guidance from another thread where people have done this as well. It has a complete 2x4 frame surrounded with plywood and the drawers are made of 1/2 inch shelving wood. I bought some carpet from Lowe’s and wrapped it in that. As a latching system I bought two of those locking twist things I’m not sure what their called but you can find them in Lowe’s near the drawer handles and hinges and stuff. I really like these because it keeps your stuff safe and locked away in the drawers along with closing so when you drive the drawers don’t just fling open.
These drawers work great for storage and I can store my tools that I use regularly along with jumper cables, tow straps, recovery gear etc. very happy with how they turned out and I worked on it for about a week just after school each day with a friend so it wouldn’t take too long if you have time. Feel free to message me if you want a full description of the drawer making process and I’ll try to give as detailed measurements as possible to help you.

Also on the last picture you can see I have installed 2 12 inch subs by MTX along with a 1500 w marine amp from Skar Audio. These are great subs and surprisingly still sound good on top of the drawers. Nothing really rattles while their thumping.

View attachment 2601341View attachment 2601342View attachment 2601343View attachment 2601344
Just so y’all can see I figured I’d post a few more pics of the cruiser getting some “use” out of it. It’s got a little over 200,000 miles on it so it’s still going strong.
59B51E39-886F-4FBC-B22B-65D062DF4CF2.jpeg
F8ADD80B-DBDF-4193-B423-C03D272C548C.jpeg
5F85E668-F2BB-4896-B6C2-392509AF1DBF.jpeg
0ECD2324-E61C-4B08-9252-4E19D47A4611.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom