new head - whats involved?

i've got my head off being tested for cracks (3b).

if I wanted to replace the head with a new one, what sort of work is involved? the new one comes with guides and seats installed, etc, do I just swap in my old hardware (valves etc) or do I need to have a machine shop grind everything to ensure it matches up?

Man, seems to be a rash of de-funk 3B heads lately........
well, i'll tell it like it is - in this case its a dumbass owner... me. i replaced the HG 6 months ago because i was too stupid to notice the steam was coming from the rear heater hose, but i did a half-assed job and didn't resurface the head or do a good job of cleaning the block. my aftermarket HG started to leak...

so now i'm doing it all again. just have the head pressure tested and machined - its fine - and using an OEM HG. I started this thread just in case the machine shop came back and told me everything was fubared. that said, i'm still interested to know, since new heads are $800 to my door from AUS.

:bang:

sor is ~1000, not including shipping, and without any precups (which IIRC they want $100 each for)... roodogs is the way to go.
Is roodogs OEM on that? I think some of his stuff is and some isn't, very helpful when I checked shipping OZ to UK, still have to order but never heard anything bad about him.

Top Bottom