New head unit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, I’m trying to find the parts (harness, etc) for a double din radio for my ‘99 TLC. I already have the radio (Pioneer DMH-1500NEX) and when I went to order the additional parts, the guy at a car radio shop said it would be $400 since they are speciality parts? This is more than what the radio cost, lol.

If anyone knows the link to the parts needed, it would be greatly appreciated.

Check on Crutchfield. They have a harness to go from the OEM plugs into the new radio.

That said, since you have an existing aftermarket radio do you know how that was installed? Sometimes lesser quality installers will just cut off the OEM plugs and directly wire to the new stereo. If that was done it makes the process a little bit harder, but still doable.

Check on Crutchfield. They have a harness to go from the OEM plugs into the new radio.

That said, since you have an existing aftermarket radio do you know how that was installed? Sometimes lesser quality installers will just cut off the OEM plugs and directly wire to the new stereo. If that was done it makes the process a little bit harder, but still doable.
The current radio is the factory one

Oops, totally read your first post wrong. Definitely recommend Crutchfield then. They will get you everything you need. When I did my radio, I think the harness was around $30.

Hi everyone, I’m trying to find the parts (harness, etc) for a double din radio for my ‘99 TLC. I already have the radio (Pioneer DMH-1500NEX) and when I went to order the additional parts, the guy at a car radio shop said it would be $400 since they are speciality parts? This is more than what the radio cost, lol.

If anyone knows the link to the parts needed, it would be greatly appreciated.
$400 on top of the unit? no way. that guy is taking advantage....

Crutchfield will GIVE you the install parts you need when you buy a head unit.

$400 on top of the unit? no way. that guy is taking advantage....

Crutchfield will GIVE you the install parts you need when you buy a head unit.
Yes that’s what I’m thinking as well. However the Best Buy installer also reported that it requires a speciality bracket and they offered free installation since I bought it through them.

When I pulled mine, the OEM unit had the mounting bracket rails on the side of the unit. I unscrewed them from the old unit and attached them to the new for install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom