1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Hampshire/Maine Wheelin'???

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Texus, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Texus

Texus

Any "legit" place to play in NH... gonna be up there the first week of august & looking to get out a bit... anyone in?? I'll be near coastal NH... close to Maine, etc...

2. cruzer

cruzer

No leagal public wheeling in New Hampshire. You need to find private land and get written permission from the owners...in maine thier are places but nobody is going to tell you about them cause one place already got shut down for being published in a national mag and getting to much attention from everyone.

check out NEA4wd.org for more info on wheeling in NH.

Stew

3. Texus

Texus

alrighty...

Thanks, I'll check... but I'd hope someone posts... or how about PM'in me... this ain't no nat'l mag here... trails are why most of us got these things... besides wheelin'n be more fun when ya can't do it...hehehe

4. ken_79-fj40

ken_79-fj40

Yep, wheelin in NH pretty much sucks now. One of my closest friends and former wheeling buddy is a police officer. He is now arresting people for the same stuff we used to do 10 years ago. But the first weekend in August is the northeast 4x4 jamboree in Essex Junction , Vermont. Thats where I'll be with my 40. I work on the NH seacoast, and I can't think of any place close by you could wheel legally. If you are a TLCA member you might want to try and hook up with some of the Yankee Toys guys. I believe there are still some legal places in Massachusetts.

5. zebrabeefj40

zebrabeefj40

Ummm....I HOPE this is a sarcastic remark. Folks have worked long and hard to build a relationship with local landowners and LEO's in NH so people can still wheel on private land with written permission. All it takes is one yahoo with this attitude to make all that hard work mean nothing. If you wanna wheel in NH; hook up with a local New England club. If you're not willing to do that stay on the pavement.

Thanks,
    Nick

6. masscrusher

masscrusher

As the Yankee Toys delegate to NEA4WD I would like to ask you to please do not post this kind of language in public forums. This is exactly the kind of things enviro-nazis are looking for to shut us out of public land.

Now, depending on what kind of wheeling you are looking for, Class VI roads are usable. Def: it is a usable, unmaintained town road. Some are more challenging than others, but any stock vehicle should be able to navigate without incident. For harder stuff, you are better off hooking up with a local club.

7. Texus

Texus

Chill the hell out mofo's....

sarcasm people.. and y'all be full -o- BS if ya never went where ya were not supposed to...

8. red dirt squirt

red dirt squirt

close but keep working on that okie slang...i believe it's "wheelin'd be"....."PM'n me" and......"yall'd be full." just a lil advice from the master but, i would like to see someone PM in you. i think i'll have anuther cold'un. Pay one o dem yankee fellers off and call er good!
    - okie boy - corn bred and corn fed - can o beans in one hand and a can o beer in tother

9. masscrusher

masscrusher

Sarcasm is fine. It just doesn't translate well online.

BTW, I have never tresspassed. No BS.