New GX. Climate control board question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just drove my new 06 GX home and I'm super excited about it. 94k miles, ash blue mica exterior, gray interior, non-nav, stock. Only had one owner and it was a corporate car so it was dealer maintained every 5k miles. Texas car with nearly spotless underbody, new dashboard. The only serious drawback of the car is that it needs a timing belt/ water pump repair, as the previous owner turned the car in instead of doing the 90k service. Once all the preventative maintenance is done I'm looking to AHC delete, 2-2.5" lift, 275/70/17 AT tires, and a carplay stereo receiver.

One issue that has presented itself is a few of the buttons on the climate control cluster. Some of them are intermittently unresponsive - the temp up and down, fan down, sometimes others. They usually work if I hold them down for 3-4 seconds, which is better than no response at all. It seems there's a vendor on eBay offering to fix this for about ~130 shipped and it requires me to send the circuit board in for the repair. This doesn't seem like a terrible option, considering a new circuit board would definitely be more expensive, but I figured I would ask here if anyone has encountered the same issue and had a DIYable fix for it, didn't see much after a search. Thanks in advance!

interested as well.. mine arnt unresponsive but I have to press them down pretty hard to get em to work :/

Just the temp up and down on the driver side.

interested as well.. mine arnt unresponsive but I have to press them down pretty hard to get em to work :/

Just the temp up and down on the driver side.

Glad I'm not the only one, if for no other reason than that maybe someone else has figured it out. Mine also work when I mash them down hard but I felt like I was pushing them to the point of breakage. Normal pressure worked when I held them down longer.

Mine also has a delay, as does a friend's. I'm kinda curious if that is normal or if they're all wearing out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom