New guy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. Just joined the forum and I'm looking forward to learning and talking to you all. I will be signing papers on my 82 FJ 60 in a couple days.

congrats on your almost purchase! Be sure to report back with photos of your 60.

Welcome. Im new here too, but really liking all the information and help this place provides. Its a nice community.

Hey guys. Just joined the forum and I'm looking forward to learning and talking to you all. I will be signing papers on my 82 FJ 60 in a couple days.
Welcome. Im new here too, but really liking all the information and help this place provides. Its a nice community.
hot damn! another 2 for 1 deal, welcome down this rabbit hole that never ends boys. yes, it tis a nice community...........but insanity helps, especially if you get drawn into the dark back warrens of chit chat. don't say you haven't been warned 😤 oh yeah, before i forget, one for @pdugas :flipoff2: n so @HMP doesn't feel left out:flipoff2:

if you go looking for alice, too late, she left with me:flipoff2:

• Haha
Reactions: HMP
I'm gonna just copy-pasta this....

On a more practical front, the Early 60's are different in a lot of ways. Took me a bit to realize that (and that most people have later 60's, so the info here doesn't tend to be accurate for early owners). You need a 1980 Body manual: FSM - 1980 Chassis & Body 36044E - https://forum.ih8mud.com/resources/1980-chassis-body-36044e.137/ though the 1984+ manual has slightly better photos/wording for some things.

there's the rest of the 60 manuals on the site. Hopefully yours is less fuddled-with than mine... someone put a later gauge cluster in mine that threw me for all kinds of loops (4wd light, but there's no switch, or even spot for a switch, on the early transfer cases), rear hatch with defrost and wiper but the dash switches were not added and the switches have different pinouts from the later models, etc... Can be a highly frustrating experience with an Early 60. Just keep that in mind as you start your reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom