New Guy with an FJ-25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:D Hey John, Welcome!

First, Don't throw out any of that useless obsolete stuff as scrap! I know someone local to you that would be glad to take it off your hands. ;)

Check out my thread for a mild mostly stock trail rig here: Krusty

I would not use the FJ25 diff and stock 10 spline axle for a V8. There are several threads on Pirate and IH8MUD about making a custom hybrid rear using mini truck shafts and ends. You could probably do this with the centered rear 25 housing and keep the bigger diameter tube for the full width.

Post up some pics in the Owners thread at the top! :D

So where is this 25? I know of a green one with stock running gear and one that was just a body and frame with 73 running gear. Is it a hard or soft top? I guess I missed one in the valley.

John

Cruiser located at:
M&M Automotive
2001 W North lane STE C
Phoenix, Az 85021

All parts will be saved and sold to help with expenses.

parts that may not be reused

front diff
rear diff
Dana 20 T-case
258 jeep motor
three speed jeep tranny
Steering including column
front and rear seats
factory wheels

JP

I am interested in the factory wheels :)

John

Landpimp said:
I am interested in the factory wheels :)

John

:D So you got yourself a 25? If you have the wheels, you'll just have to get one then. :D

just planing ahead :)

also figured they would be slick on the 45LV......as they did come on the 61-2's

Cruiser_Nerd said:
:D So you got yourself a 25? If you have the wheels, you'll just have to get one then. :D

As far as I know I'm the only one who has recently been able to purchase FJ25 rims for money. I've paid $25 - $50 apiece. There was a tremendous amount of "cruiser karma" in these transactions though. The rims will bring you a lot more goodwill than cash......use it wisely. ;)

Cruiser_Nerd said:
As far as I know I'm the only one who has recently been able to purchase FJ25 rims for money. I've paid $25 - $50 apiece. There was a tremendous amount of "cruiser karma" in these transactions though. The rims will bring you a lot more goodwill than cash......use it wisely. ;)[/QUOTE

I understand completely. I built my Buick with the help of the V8Buick
bulletin board. Just trying to avoid "if I only knew..."

JP

Cruiser_Nerd said:
There was a tremendous amount of "cruiser karma" in these transactions though. The rims will bring you a lot more goodwill than cash......use it wisely. ;)

Speaking from first-hand experience with Jim, John, Mike and a few others, I couldn't agree more with that statement . . . use it wisely. ;)

Hey Steve I looked at this 25 and the brakes parts are in a box. So these brakes are no better than yours. But I do have one that hasn't run in twenty years and the last time I checked the brakes were still working. :doh: Shipped that 25 out and we can switch the brakes. :rolleyes:

John

photo 1

Here are some photos
IM001066.JPG

Hey.........something is missing..........where's the rust? :D

Could that possibly be the original paint? I've got two samples from different trucks but wouldn't mind checking it against another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom