New guy, with a 1969 FJ55... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone!
Just picked one up pretty cheap (I think), and it needs some work. It runs, just can't drive it since the brakes don't work.
Also need a front seat - wondering if they need aftermarket ones for these, the bench style. Needs all new rubber around the windows too., and door panels. At least there's hardly any rust. Minor stuff in the lower doors. And the dash is completely destroyed form the sun and age.

Kinda thinking I might get this thing driving and sell it, maybe get a newer series FJ. Really want to find out if the early FJ55s are worth keeping. I know they go for quite a bit, however, I don't have the budget to totally restore this thing.

Also need to find out if I can easily find stock wheels for these.

I could go on and on with questions...

20190717_113752.jpg

Welcome☺.

1. You got a 69! Everyone loves that grille.

2. Brakes are overrated :rofl:

3. Milk crates make wonderful seats :rofl:, just don't hit the brakes too hard. Oh forget the last part.

Looks good. Good year :cool::)

69 grille, but I don't think the rest is, maybe. Floor shifters, no vacuum fd knob, etc. Front blinkers are mounted on the fenders, not the side panel. She looks good, but like you said it needs some money thrown at it.

Kinda thinking I might get this thing driving and sell it, maybe get a newer series FJ. Really want to find out if the early FJ55s are worth keeping. I know they go for quite a bit, however, I don't have the budget to totally restore this thing.
Welcome.
I agree with the others if you paid something around 3k you got a pretty good deal.
If you put another 8 to 10 k into it you could probably get 8 to 10 k for it so your best option IMHO is sell it as is and try to make a few bucks or fix it up and enjoy it.
Going to be hard to make any money with that one.

Need gas tank straps, for mounting. Are these available aftermarket?

So, theres a long bolt that goes through a standoff tube, correct?
What is the thread size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom