New guy want to say hey... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a 95 with 67k on it, Maroon on Tan leather. Maybe some of you saw it on Ebay? I'm sure i'll have questions in the future as there are some things i'd like to try and add on.
So i just wanted to say hello. I'm in Los Angeles. I'm a member of another board, another vehicle, so i "get" it. :cheers:
When It comes in, I will post pictures, and guarantee questions will come...
Look forward to speaking to you all at some point.

D

Welcome to the board, i too am a newbie - picked up a 96 last month...this board has already been so helpful

Thanks....I'll need the help....

D

WELCOME!

-Matt

I almost bid on that very auction, what was the final purchase price? the truck looked flawless, good choice. I might be buying a 97 tomorrow if it looks like SHE says it does.

I may have paid a bit too much, but after some of the few Land Cruisers i did see, and their prices, I felt this one was worth it. 17k :whoops: including shipping to L.A. from Utah.
I should get it on Friday. I will post condition when it arrives. But a 95 with 67k, I felt that was pretty good. Most I have found average @ 100k, some less, but most have more. What other ones have you been considering?

D

I got mine from Utah too.

Biggest issue is desert damage to rubber and paint.

Other than that my rig is rock solid.

Congrats and welcome! :cheers:

welcome. you've come to the right place for questions about your cruiser. lots of smart people hang out on this board.

welome newbie !!!!!
why the heck is everyone findign their cruisers in Utah. When I lived there and bought my 92 there were 6 91-97 avail on autotrader within 100 miles of SLC. oh well I see a lot more up in the great northwest than I did back home.

Dave

[quote author=DA95Cruzah link=board=2;threadid=11977;start=msg109314#msg109314 date=1077591914]
I'm a member of another board, another vehicle, so i "get" it. :cheers:[/quote]

Congrats. :cheers:

But lol, no you don't get it. :flipoff2: :D Seriously, welcome aboard.

Of course no one here ever watches cruisers on ebay though. ::) :p

Thank you all. Maybe i don't get it yet, and that might be a good thing :slap:

The transport is in town and dropping off to me this afternoon!

From reading the other fine fine and sometimes repetitive posts, and taking into consideration my uses for this wundetruck, I will be adding Immediately, if not sooner, an OME light front, medium rear suspension, with 33's. Maybe a light front bar. The duty will be most of the time... my dog (s), light trails, Costco, people (If i must) and things along those lines. So i've learned a few things so far. Maybe a medium front in case i do decide a ARB in the future, no winch? Any chance of Safari making available turbo's for this model anytime soon, or would you think the TRD is the way to go?

Okay, thanks for the Welcomes....I'm all fuzzy now.

:flipoff2: Hahaha

D

Welcome "jiggles"---I mean Da95cruzah. Some of you guys seem to find the best gifs.
Garfield needs to go pretty soon.
Shortbus HAD a nice bouncing gif.
From what I have heard in the past the Safari Turbo is no longer available unless large quantities are purchased.
Suggest you do a search on topics before you post a question that has already been raised. Less chance of being flamed...

Yomama

Yes indeed. I read the same thing about the large quantities in regard to the turbos being available on earlier posts, I guess I was asking if the "large quantities" amount was in production or had it been heard that it was close to coming to fruition. An update. I may have missed that in my searching. But thanks for the heads up anyway. :whoops:

The Land Cruiser just came in, and other than it being dirty from it's trip in from SLC, it looks to be in pretty good shape. Haven't spotted any over-spray, no dings, a few small scratches on fender flares, but they look superficial. One spastic front windshield washer sprayer, so I'm batting .750 with those. Tires/Rims look good. A more detailed inspection is forthcoming.

D

Welcome... :flipoff2:

BTW, Maroon 80s roll easier than the rest of them...

Figures, just like my wife... :slap: I can sure pick 'em.

Thanks..... :D

Welcome in..... Now, go service your Birfields!!! They prolly need it. ;) Mine did. In fact both Birf's were destroyed and needed to be replaced. My local Toyota dealer thought since they're "sealed" they didn't need service. Freakin' tools that they are. :slap:

Oh yeah.... Bouncing boobies go over like an old band from the 70's. Let's see, their name was............
Led Zepplin. Had to retire mine. :-\

Welcome to a great group! :flipoff2:

Wow, I got a 97 with 47k 1 and a half yrs ago and paid 19k....I think we both got a little screwed...great rigs though, and yeah...hard to find one under 60k.

so Rogue,
whatever happened with wrench's truck? Did he end up fixing it or was it a goner?
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom