New guy here. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

Just need your input. I am interested with. 2001 Toyota Land Cruiser with a 205,000 miles on it and priced at $9000. I have not seen it yet in person but pictures looks good exterior and interior. My question is, is the price reasonable with that mileage? I appreciate some feedbacks.
Thanks

General feedback here will be to check for maintenance history and rust.

$9k is a good price range for a well maintained cruiser of that year / mileage.

Forget mileage. Look at maintenance history and condition.
Thanks. Carfax showed maintenance history until 2009, from then on just the state and emission inspections.
Thanks again.
General feedback here will be to check for maintenance history and rust.

$9k is a good price range for a well maintained cruiser of that year / mileage.
Thanks. Carfax showed maintenance records till 2009. The rest just the state and emission inspections.
Thanks again

Thanks. Carfax showed maintenance history until 2009, from then on just the state and emission inspections.
Thanks again.

Thanks. Carfax showed maintenance records till 2009. The rest just the state and emission inspections.
Thanks again
If its anywhere from the NE be very careful about rust, ask for undercarriage pictures.

I bought my 2000 in February 2020 from a poster here. had decent maintenance logs up until the most recent owner (less than 2 years I think). Car fax showed damage to the front right but no accident reported. I had a PPI done from a trusted and recommended Toyota shop and it confirmed everything was good and told me what I needed to replace asap and what to watch for. A couple months later I took it to a land cruiser shop nearby and had some front end work done and asked them to do a "PPI" even though I had already bought it and they told me the same things.

I bought it for $8500 pre-pandemic with 230K. Probably paid more than others here would have but these don't last long and it was a southern (Texas only) rig with no rust so I jumped and flew to Dallas and drove it back.

I love it and it is my DD and camping/overlanding vehicle for the family. Definitely have a trusted land cruiser shop do a PPI before buying.

All about history. Southern truck? Maintenance? Any sloppy aftermarket add ons? Carfax? Etc. a well maintained 2000 should be around 8500-10k right now. Insane maybe but that’s what people are paying.

If its anywhere from the NE be very careful about rust, ask for undercarriage pictures.
Thanks. I just drove it, I noticed that even I floored the gas pedal it felt slow but probably because it’s a big and heavy truck. I told the seller I want to do a PPI and he is amenable to it. Thanks again.

All about history. Southern truck? Maintenance? Any sloppy aftermarket add ons? Carfax? Etc. a well maintained 2000 should be around 8500-10k right now. Insane maybe but that’s what people are paying.
It’s located in the east coast. I am going to have a PPI few days from now.

I bought my 2000 in February 2020 from a poster here. had decent maintenance logs up until the most recent owner (less than 2 years I think). Car fax showed damage to the front right but no accident reported. I had a PPI done from a trusted and recommended Toyota shop and it confirmed everything was good and told me what I needed to replace asap and what to watch for. A couple months later I took it to a land cruiser shop nearby and had some front end work done and asked them to do a "PPI" even though I had already bought it and they told me the same things.

I bought it for $8500 pre-pandemic with 230K. Probably paid more than others here would have but these don't last long and it was a southern (Texas only) rig with no rust so I jumped and flew to Dallas and drove it back.

I love it and it is my DD and camping/overlanding vehicle for the family. Definitely have a trusted land cruiser shop do a PPI before buying.
Thanks. Just drove it. I told seller I am doing PPI when I come back. He is amenable to it. Planning to bring to a Toyota dealer. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom