New guy here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I'm new here to the community, or the land cruiser community in general (6 months of ownership). Referred to this forum by @Jailbreak_Overlander, whom I just so happened to run into at the autozone near my house on his way from boston to Ouray. I started of with a lifted 91 FJ80 I traded my wrangler for and quickly realized I needed to upgrade. I now have a herculined 97 fzj with a 3" lift and some other little mods. Looking forward to all the tips and advice this forum has to offer and also seeing some of you guys' awesome 80's. Pics of my LC80 to keep it relevant .

IMG_20180803_215404_072.jpg
IMG_03251.jpg

Welcome to Cruiserworld! Gman

Mourn your wallet...:cry:

What grill is that? Looks awesome.

Your off to a great start... looking good.
Front end looks awesome.

Welcome! Very cool and unique rig you got there. Look up your local club and get to know some folks, it's a great way to gain friendship, knowledge, and first dibs on gear. :flipoff2:

Welcome! Very cool and unique rig you got there. Look up your local club and get to know some folks, it's a great way to gain friendship, knowledge, and first dibs on gear. :flipoff2:
Thanks man will do, I definitely get some mixed feelings on the lights. P/O installed them because they are definitely bright as heck. But I've been debating outting some OEM ones back in.

Have you seen the Flex 80 with the fj60 grill? this reminds me of this. You might just finish with 60 light bezels....???

Not sure if that would work! They are actually wrangler headlights, but I have a friend with a 3d printer so we may be able to CAD up something that will work. Worst case I may just get a used OEM headlight assembly and sort of retro fit the lens around it.

you might need to get some side markers again and darken them a little to make it look good if you got the same thing.

you might need to get some side markers again and darken them a little to make it look good if you got the same thing.
Yeah it's a work in progress for sure, getting blinkers on the front is the next step for sure haha. But I'm definitely looking to clean up the whole front end and am definitely looking for grill ideas as well.

Well there are a lot of options for grilles from really nice diy ideas to Kelly Saad's. Plus it might be nice if you come up with something unique and show us all how you do it. Just do some searching and you will be impressed with some of the stuff people have done to the front end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom