New Guy, Found an FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks, new member here. I just found an FJ45 on a farm near me. Looks odd. I think its an FJ45 cab on an FJ40 frame.

It has some rust (not unheard of here in Minnesota) but still salvageable by our local standards. I've got too many projects as it is, why not another? Especially one I know nothing about. Mustangs, Jeeps, Internationals, I have some expereince with. Older Toyotas? I know nothing.

I snapped a photo but there was nobody around the farm when I stopped by.
I didn't take a closer look without permission. I took this photo on my way out.

I'll be hanging out here, reading up on these trucks. I'm a longtime member of a couple Jeep forums and a couple Mustang forums. also a nice IH Scout forum. Why not add Toyota to the wallet robbers?

Do I need another project? Need has nothing to do with it........
fj45.jpg

yeah it is def. a FJ40 with a home done custom cab. and bed.......

looks like if you put a big enough load in the bed that thing would be doing wheelies.

If you are looking for an Fj45 lwb or swb that isn't it and I would stay away from it personally.

hope they don't want too much for it...

Not really looking for an FJ45, just a sucker for old trucks.

So, it may be an FJ40 with a shortened up body? I'm just not familiar enough with these Toyotas to spot things like that from a distance. There was nobdoy around so I didn't really walk up to it to check it out closer. I'll keep going back until I find someone around. Its an absentee owner farm so there is no house on the property, just buildings and equipment. I too, hope they wouldn't want much for it. :)

I may well pass this one up if its been hacked up. Then again, a friend of mine could probably use this at his place. Being a cut up '40 wouldn't really matter, it would just be used for moving stuff around his place. The short wheelbase would come in handy.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll spend some time reading the archives to learn more.

ClemsonCruiser said:
yeah it is def. a FJ40 with a home done custom cab. and bed.......

looks like if you put a big enough load in the bed that thing would be doing wheelies.

If you are looking for an Fj45 lwb or swb that isn't it and I would stay away from it personally.

Hey JP,

There are a lot of those short wheel based 45's in Costa Rica, mostly used as tow trucks. They kinds look funny, but they came from Toyota that way. That bed, on the other hand, is home-made after market.

I agree with the wheelie abilities of this vehicle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom