New guy ‘14 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all! Long time lurker to the site and finally got the itch to join. I have learned many awesome and new things about the rig and have done a few mods recently. I have a ‘14 LX with 118k miles and purchased @ 103K 2 years ago.

I have some 2022 (or ‘21?) 18” LC rims with stock tires for now but hope to upgrade them ASAP.

While not in the budget yet, I do anticipate some type of sliders in the near future as my passenger step was crunched a bit in its previous life. I just cut them off and retained the rocker panel section tonight as a matter of fact 🤓.

Also, I took a gamble and did the sensor lift for the front. I loved how solid it felt with the new height and now with the steps gone this beast really feels like a truck!

Oh and after a recent suspension fluid flush from the dealership I have begun to look into getting some accumulator globes from the interwebs as well and get those swapped soon. Can anyone point me to a good source? I have seen some mention here on the Mud of JDMplanet on eBay and the feedback looks good but would appreciate any help!

Anyhoo, glad to finally say hi to everyone and hope to learn a lot more from y’all!

CF03D2E2-57E6-407D-B112-819DDC650668.jpeg

Welcome. Nice looking truck. :cheers:

Thanks man!! I’ll admit I was losing the initial love for the rig when I first bought it but now it’s starting to feel and look like what I was wanting.

Hello all! Long time lurker to the site and finally got the itch to join. I have learned many awesome and new things about the rig and have done a few mods recently. I have a ‘14 LX with 118k miles and purchased @ 103K 2 years ago.

I have some 2022 (or ‘21?) 18” LC rims with stock tires for now but hope to upgrade them ASAP.

While not in the budget yet, I do anticipate some type of sliders in the near future as my passenger step was crunched a bit in its previous life. I just cut them off and retained the rocker panel section tonight as a matter of fact 🤓.

Also, I took a gamble and did the sensor lift for the front. I loved how solid it felt with the new height and now with the steps gone this beast really feels like a truck!

Oh and after a recent suspension fluid flush from the dealership I have begun to look into getting some accumulator globes from the interwebs as well and get those swapped soon. Can anyone point me to a good source? I have seen some mention here on the Mud of JDMplanet on eBay and the feedback looks good but would appreciate any help!

Anyhoo, glad to finally say hi to everyone and hope to learn a lot more from y’all!

View attachment 3270905

Would definitely recommend sourcing accumulators from JDMPlanet. Best price and shipping was super fast.

Would definitely recommend sourcing accumulators from JDMPlanet. Best price and shipping was super fast.

Thanks for the feedback! I’m not a big eBay guy so I wasn’t sure who to trust lol

Welcome aboard and nice looking LX! This is a very knowledgeable group and I’m amazed by what I have learned in 4 short months.

Better picture of stance with max sensor lift and running board delete. Love how level it looks!!

32A40DFD-AE8D-40EA-8C23-4847E73DE649.jpeg

Did you cut up the running boards or replace them with LC rockers? Looks great.
Lol I got a wild hair in my a$$ yesterday and cut em off with a sawzall blade by hand 😂😂.
Initially I wanted to take the boards off and fix the area that was sagging but after seeing how easy the plastic cut I said oh well lol.

9080460F-3AA8-4A35-AB7C-810330EBA8EF.jpeg

@tbisaacs hey man so I looked at JDMplanet and am planning to do the globe replacement install with a dealership. They want $1250 for install only which seems reasonable as I don’t have the equipment, space or time. This sound about right? 7 hours of labor…

@tbisaacs hey man so I looked at JDMplanet and am planning to do the globe replacement install with a dealership. They want $1250 for install only which seems reasonable as I don’t have the equipment, space or time. This sound about right? 7 hours of labor…
It takes about 2-3 hours to do it in your driveway the first time...and probably takes half that the 2nd time you do it. So you can be the judge on that. But i'm not sure how you'd argue against book time if that's where they are getting that from.

It takes about 2-3 hours to do it in your driveway the first time...and probably takes half that the 2nd time you do it. So you can be the judge on that. But i'm not sure how you'd argue against book time if that's where they are getting that from.

Agree with @lx200inAR — it's a very DIY friendly job if you've ever bled your own brakes etc. You can do it in 3-4 hours.

If you go the dealer route, ask if they have done this before, and how many times. There have been horror stories of 570s going into dealerships and they burn out the pump etc.

@tbisaacs @lx200inAR yeah as I mentioned this route was for time, space and equipment reasons but I will watch the YouTube videos again to see if I’m capable.

The dealership was very friendly and informative about the AHC service and process so they definitely felt comfy doing the flush couple weeks ago (ride was definitely improved after service) and had no hesitation to do the globe replacement just the normal “make sure your parts are genuine!”

@tbisaacs @lx200inAR yeah as I mentioned this route was for time, space and equipment reasons but I will watch the YouTube videos again to see if I’m capable.

The dealership was very friendly and informative about the AHC service and process so they definitely felt comfy doing the flush couple weeks ago (ride was definitely improved after service) and had no hesitation to do the globe replacement just the normal “make sure your parts are genuine!”

$1250 install is a joke. “Competent” or otherwise. Ill do it for $1250.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom