New Gen 1 Tacoma In the Driveway (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.bradyadventures.com
You will normally find me on the 100 series forum but I just picked up an 04 Tacoma this past weekend. I didn't intend to mod it much but the shocks are shot. Last night I found myself deep in the details of lift possibilities so I'm not sure how long I can fight the mod monster. I look forward to getting to know you guys!
IMG_20180916_125057_666.jpg

I'm fighting the monster now. Original (I believe) shocks are ready for a rest at 200k so I figure why not "refresh" the suspension. Cruiser Outfitters has some full kits but seems all add more lift than I really want. Kinda looking for a kit that is closer to stock height - OK, maybe a little lift isn't too bad. :) I have learned that you can do more for less on the Tacoma compared to the LC. So that's some justification right there right?

I spent the first 5 days or so of ownership scouring the possibilities. No doubt there are a ton more options for the tacomas!

I thought the same thing about not too much lift but found myself looking at very similar OME kit as you but on wheelersoffroad.com I think after shipping it may be a little cheaper there and comes with brake line extensions also. $1800 bucks in the end (with UCAs, strut assembly, shipped) but man I love my OME setup on the cruiser I figure I will love this one even if it is a little more lifted than I think I want.

I also considered the Rancho Loaded quickLIFT, from advanced auto for about $500 you can get the front struts that come assembled and lift the front 1-1.5" and replacement rear shocks with no lift. The shocks, RS9000s, are adjustable. I know this is lower on the quality end but it was enticing as a quick fix and levels the truck out.

I let you know what I end up going with and how it works out, probably slap it all up on youtube as well.

Definitely post up - very interested. I spent about 6 hours bouncing between Partsouq, Norwalk and Toyota Parts Deal pricing the OEM components (still not quite sure if all bushings and bolts included) and at the end of it all something like the OME kit is not a bad deal at all. I have the 2.5" OME medium on my 80 and very happy with it as well.

Where did you get it? Hows the frame?
I picked it up in lynchburg, va I bought it at the toyota dealer there, originally bought new there, mostly serviced there, and traded for a 2018 tacoma. Amazing how little rust it has for that area. The front half of the frame looks new once you get about halfway back there is a petina to it and a little more at the rear. I posted a thread on Tacomaworld asking how bad they though it was and got mostly, quit bragging about how nice your frame is, comments. I am still going to POR15 it and then fluid film everywhere pretty soon. What do you think?
20180925_191205.jpg
20180925_191159.jpg
20180924_191557.jpg
20180924_191537.jpg
20180924_191501.jpg

Very nice find you got there. Lots of aftermarket goodies for Tacoma and you won't be able to stop the monster.:cheers:

I spent the first 5 days or so of ownership scouring the possibilities. No doubt there are a ton more options for the tacomas!

I thought the same thing about not too much lift but found myself looking at very similar OME kit as you but on wheelersoffroad.com I think after shipping it may be a little cheaper there and comes with brake line extensions also. $1800 bucks in the end (with UCAs, strut assembly, shipped) but man I love my OME setup on the cruiser I figure I will love this one even if it is a little more lifted than I think I want.

I also considered the Rancho Loaded quickLIFT, from advanced auto for about $500 you can get the front struts that come assembled and lift the front 1-1.5" and replacement rear shocks with no lift. The shocks, RS9000s, are adjustable. I know this is lower on the quality end but it was enticing as a quick fix and levels the truck out.

I let you know what I end up going with and how it works out, probably slap it all up on youtube as well.
Just for consideration I think I'm going to do 5100s on all 4 corners, 1.5" aal and take my life into my own hands by...... Swap the stock coils over to the front 5100s. <$500 and I get to buy some tools. ;)

Just for consideration I think I'm going to do 5100s on all 4 corners, 1.5" aal and take my life into my own hands by...... Swap the stock coils over to the front 5100s. <$500 and I get to buy some tools. ;)
Nice! I was looking at those too. Let me know how you like them. oh and how the tools work out with the assembly :)

Nice find! I bought my OME lift from Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters and could not be happier. About a 1/12 taller but a slight rake which I like. Rides great and looks better than stock.

IMG_3148.jpg

Nice find! I bought my OME lift from Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters and could not be happier. About a 1/12 taller but a slight rake which I like. Rides great and looks better than stock.

View attachment 1803901
Nice setup you got there! Thanks for the info.

I'm having to sell my '92 FJ80 (per my :princess:) I drive too much and was spending way too much in gas as it was my DD. So I figured the next best thing to my beloved 80 was a 2001 taco. scouring the websites right now to fully refresh the suspension which is very worn out. found a deal over on Low Range for bilstein shocks with OME springs, and OME rear spring packs, I think the total's around 800-900 bucks. gives about 3" of lift. I haven't checked with Kurt yet to see what he's got. will have to do that soon.

I'm having to sell my '92 FJ80 (per my :princess:) I drive too much and was spending way too much in gas as it was my DD. So I figured the next best thing to my beloved 80 was a 2001 taco. scouring the websites right now to fully refresh the suspension which is very worn out. found a deal over on Low Range for bilstein shocks with OME springs, and OME rear spring packs, I think the total's around 800-900 bucks. gives about 3" of lift. I haven't checked with Kurt yet to see what he's got. will have to do that soon.
Thanks, i havent checked out lowrange before. Looks like they have a couple nice SAS kits too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom