New gears and lockers! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Came home from the shop today after having had 4.88 and arb lockers installed. What a completely different machine! I'm running 33" tires, and with all the stuff on her, prior to new gears, she was a real dog. I live at about 4500' above sea level. I pull a drift boat, and a dog trailer, and the original 4.11 made her REALLY slow down on grades. With the new gears I can comfortably cruise @ a 105km/h, at 2250 rpm, and it'll hold that speed without dropping down two shift points on grade. I also had the rear springs changed to the OME extra heavy, from the 863, and it feels like it's leaf sprung back there. It handles the weight much better, and I get way less yaw in the corners. I know it is no sports car, but it gives me way more confidence should I have to do an evasive maneuver. I have yet to see the difference in mpg, as I have only driven it home (32km) from the shop. I live south of Calgary, and had all the work done at Pro-Active, and I cannot say enough good things about them! Mike (Pro-Active) was fare, honest and very professional. Just thought I would share the experience, the new gears made all the difference! I will give some more comments as I drive the Land Gobbler more, and maybe it might help someone else pull the trigger. Oh yeah-here are some pictures.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Oooh...I'd love to do that. I'm jealous!:flipoff2:

what's the contraption on the spare? jerry holder? Nice looking rig! I'm looking forward to getting 488s in. Not for a while though.

Its a poor man's ladder. It is made by Front Runner, and I got it through Equipt. Works great when I have to get on top of the rack and tinker. Thanks for the compliments!

Last edited:
Good looking ride! :) Nice upgrades!

Is that a Arkansas plate on the back???? Nice truck!

by the way, what kind of jerry cans are those (gas,water plactic or metal)

All that stuff and you still don't have a CDL switch? Geez :p

Just kidding. That's a great looking rig!

perfect truck

It is the ARB rear bumper
Not sure you can do Moab's Fins and Things with this rear bumper :)

Nice looking rig.

He could do it no problem. I did it in this rental heep, I mean Jeep about 5 yrs ago and I saw a new then stock Jeep liberty on the trail.
235688-R1-10-10.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom