New Gauge Cluster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My old gauge cluster was just not serving its purpose anymore.

Too many mods to the drive train for the speedometer to even be close let alown the fact that the speedometer cable was broken, too short and not the right end for the new trany.

And as for the rest of the gauges - the sending unit in the fuel tank is shot – the water temp has never worked since I bought the cruiser – the amp meter works but I have always been waiting for it to catch on fire. The oil pressure gauge has always worked.

I have been using a GPS for a speedometer, but it is a pain in the butt to get set up and it wasn’t uncommon to loose the signal and not know what speed I was going. This is something that has always driven me up the wall, whether I was speeding or not. :)

So here is my solution -

100_2074.jpg

It is as close of a match as I could get to the old setup

100_2075.jpg

The gauge set is Auto Meter Old Tyme White Series Analog Gauge Kits ATM-1602. I chose this kit as it comes with all the sending units and that the speedometer is electronic and programmable. You program it by putting the speedometer in to program and driving a known 2 miles and then taking it out of program. Imagine having larger tires and different gearing and still having an accurate speedometer.

Nice, but where are the turn signal and Hi beam indicator lights?

Looks good, Guy. Seems like you might even have had room for a tach.

Your turn signals are on the dash, aren't they?

Todd Bull.

Rodger on the turn signals are on the side.

I still need to pick up a high beam indicator. It will go between the water and fuel gauges.

I bet I couls have fit a tack in but it would have been a real squeeze.

Does the speedo came with the cable? Does it require any mod to fit it to the cruiser? I've been wanting to do this too, but not sure about the speedo cable.
Any info would be appreciated. thanks...

I got as far as getting the wiring harness built for the back the only wires left are the ones from the sending units.

100_2077.jpg

can i ask where you got your fuel guage:beer: nice work

Thanks

I bought this gauge kit from Summit Racing on line. The fuel gauge came with a universal sending unit. I haven't installed it yet so I can't say how easy that part of the install will be.

Does the speedo came with the cable? Does it require any mod to fit it to the cruiser? I've been wanting to do this too, but not sure about the speedo cable.
Any info would be appreciated. thanks...

As you can see from the picture with the wiring in it, this speedo doesn't use a cable. It uses a sending unit that attaches where the cable would normally on the transfer case. You then run a wire up to the speedometer and as I stated before, you can then program the speedometer to match your gearing and tire size.

The only thing I’m not sure of is will the sending unit fit a Land Cruiser speedo cable output. I’m running a Dana 18 t-case… you know I have the old 3 speed t-case… I check it for fit. :)

I checked the fit of the speedo sending unit to the 3 speed t-case. It threads on just fine, but the square pin they provide is not as big as the toyota spedo cable end. you would need to shim or fab a new pin. I would think a pretty easy thing to do.

Last edited:
When I did my cluster I went to the local speedo shop and she pulled out a box of pins and matched the sender to the cable gear drive in the t-case.
PB190819a.JPG

When I did my cluster I went to the local speedo shop and she pulled out a box of pins and matched the sender to the cable gear drive in the t-case.

Where'd you get that guage panel? I really like the look of that one. Thanks. ....Steve

Has anyone purchased the gasseling panel? Is it plastic? (sorry no hi-jack intended)

sweet panel :cool:
just not feelin the two fuel guages...

I would have added a switch and used the real-estate for a fuel pressure or even a vacuum guage :D

Nice panel. I am looking at doing the same. Did you get all the gauges at summit? I have the speedo installed by the PO but haven't been able to find the matching guages.

Has anyone purchased the gasseling panel? Is it plastic? (sorry no hi-jack intended)

On their page it says 1/4" aluminum. Anodized or powder coated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom