New Fuel Tank Vent Hose Kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruisermatt

Un-manufacturable
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cruisermatts.com
There has always been some discrepancy about the correct sizes of some of these hoses and some are still available from Toyota, but some aren't, and since this is a common replacement item we deal with here we decided to put together a simple affordable complete kit for our shop use and for you all to purchase. The hose is made from high-quality manufactures and the clips are all correct OEM.

There is also a discount when combined with our filler neck hose kit! :)

I struggled with this years ago and would have loved to have this kit back then.

this would be great to bring to the dealer for fuel tank warranty replacements, since this is what usually makes them say they cant do the warranty repair

Well damn done!

Cheers!

Just a note: The "manifold" the soft lines get connected to - there are two different sizes. For the small diameter hoses, my FJ60 had 1/4"ID hoses, though my '87 HJ60 had 5/16"or 3/8" hoses. Either way, they're not all the same. I realized this when I sized my new hoses with the one out of the HJ60 while I was restoring the FJ60 one. When I went to install the FJ manifold, none of the hoses fit. Not sure if you can see the difference between the diameters in the images below.
IMG_20180824_163009.jpg
IMG_20181103_131744.jpg

Just a note: The "manifold" the soft lines get connected to - there are two different sizes. For the small diameter hoses, my FJ60 had 1/4"ID hoses, though my '87 HJ60 had 5/16"or 3/8" hoses. Either way, they're not all the same. I realized this when I sized my new hoses with the one out of the HJ60 while I was restoring the FJ60 one. When I went to install the FJ manifold, none of the hoses fit. Not sure if you can see the difference between the diameters in the images below.

Yes, but that difference is only inside the 1/4 panel, no?
All the hoses that go from the tank to that bulkhead (what my kit actually replaces, not the ones you pictured) show as fitting all 60 applications.

Last edited:
I am really blown away by the response to this one, already have sold a bunch of these in just the last 20 hrs or soo... @FloridaCruiser22 is going to be packing lots of boxes :)

Yes, but that difference is only inside the 1/4 panel, no?
All the hoses that go from the tank to that bulkhead (what my kit actually replaces, not the ones you pictured) show as fitting all 60 applications.
I don't recall to be honest, and I don't have the old manifold now to compare. But it makes sense that the tubes in the manifold are just bent tube, welded to a plate. I can't imagine there are different diameter tubes on either side. I just checked mine, all the small lines are 3/8" ID on my truck.

I don't recall to be honest, and I don't have the old manifold now to compare. But it makes sense that the tubes in the manifold are just bent tube, welded to a plate. I can't imagine there are different diameter tubes on either side. I just checked mine, all the small lines are 3/8" ID on my truck.

Well they literally are :meh:

90BBA479-9BC5-42FB-B60A-7631F9633109.jpeg

Last edited:
Crazy how they changed the diameter of the pipes inside from outside. Just to make things interesting.......

Bump. We sold out of everything almost immediately so we did a stocked up a ton of these parts, more kits ready to go :)

9AD1526D-C846-420E-9CB9-0FB0E9D67612.jpeg

There has always been some discrepancy about the correct sizes of some of these hoses and some are still available from Toyota, but some aren't, and since this is a common replacement item we deal with here we decided to put together a simple affordable complete kit for our shop use and for you all to purchase. The hose is made from high-quality manufactures and the clips are all correct OEM.

There is also a discount when combined with our filler neck hose kit! :)

Hey Matt,
This is a cool kit, just picked it up. But What about the upper vent hoses that are in the side quarter panel, do these upper ones have a kit too? Or do they not pinch/ decay as badly?

My fuel cap does a big woosh when i open it, and I can only fill like gallon of gas at a time.Thinking its venting hose problem but not sure where.

Thanks,
Dan

Hey Matt,
This is a cool kit, just picked it up. But What about the upper vent hoses that are in the side quarter panel, do these upper ones have a kit too? Or do they not pinch/ decay as badly?

My fuel cap does a big woosh when i open it, and I can only fill like gallon of gas at a time.Thinking its venting hose problem but not sure where.

Thanks,
Dan

Correct, those hoses are different diameters depending on the year of the truck, they also aren’t exposed to the elements as badly.

Make sure the flapper on the tank inlet isn’t stuck.

only a gallon at a time sounds more mechanical then a venting issue.

@Beehanger I just had a different thought and edited my comment above.

Correct, those hoses are different diameters depending on the year of the truck, they also aren’t exposed to the elements as badly.

Make sure the flapper on the tank inlet isn’t stuck.

only a gallon at a time sounds more mechanical then a venting issue.
which part is the flapper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom