New Fuel Tank, Pesky Fuel Fitting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Purchased a new snorkel tank made it look pretty and refitted it with some fresh parts. Could not get the old fuel outlet fitting off the old tank, probably because it was a pipe thread wrenched into submission. I'm running a carb'ed SBC with fuel 3/8 lines. Thought I would post up my solution to the difficult task of finding the correct fitting for the tank due to the British Pipe Thread on the outlet nipple. Parts sourced from Discount Hydraulic on the net costing $22 with shipping. Be sure to tighten the female all the way on to the tank nipple as this exerts pressure on the other side of the union creating the seal between the two pieces of the union.

IMG_1470.JPG

IMG_1515.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1519.JPG

Purchased a new snorkel tank made it look pretty and refitted it with some fresh parts. Could not get the old fuel outlet fitting off the old tank, probably because it was a pipe thread wrenched into submission. I'm running a carb'ed SBC with fuel 3/8 lines. Thought I would post up my solution to the difficult task of finding the correct fitting for the tank due to the British Pipe Thread on the outlet nipple. Parts sourced from Discount Hydraulic on the net costing $22 with shipping. Be sure to tighten the female all the way on to the tank nipple as this exerts pressure on the other side of the union creating the seal between the two pieces of the union.

View attachment 1494420

View attachment 1494421

View attachment 1494422

View attachment 1494423

View attachment 1494424

Thanks, ordered some

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom