New fuel tank, no start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I installed a new tank. I used the existing sending unit back in the new tank. I turn the key. The lights on the dash come on but nothing from the starter. Also i put 5 gallons go gas in the tank and the gauge isn't reading. So i have an electrical mess up somewhere. Could it be grounding? I'm lost

What troubling shooting have you done? First how old is starter? Second how old is fusible link? What was disconnected during swap? Sounds like you didn’t hook something up if you disconnected battery during swap? Or maybe battery? Is it charged 12.00 plus?

I installed a new tank. I used the existing sending unit back in the new tank. I turn the key. The lights on the dash come on but nothing from the starter. Also i put 5 gallons go gas in the tank and the gauge isn't reading. So i have an electrical mess up somewhere. Could it be grounding? I'm lost
Definitely sounds like a grounding issue and as the others here stated you probably didn't connect something. I would expect the problem is at the battery ground.

What troubling shooting have you done? First how old is starter? Second how old is fusible link? What was disconnected during swap? Sounds like you didn’t hook something up if you disconnected battery during swap? Or maybe battery? Is it charged 12.00 plus?
The starter looks original. But everything was working fine before I started this project. And the fusible link was replaced last year. The battery was replaced last year. When I put it back in it was low in voltage. So I charged it. And last night. Still. Nothing. Today I will trouble shoot some more. I do feel like I’m missing something somewhere.
Definitely sounds like a grounding issue and as the others here stated you probably didn't connect something. I would expect the problem is at the battery ground.
Yeah. During this time I also deleted the ABS. So I’m gonna double check the harness in that area. Abs the top of the sending unit had some rust on it. So I treated it ab doc then painted the top before putting it back in. So it makes me think that I’m losing ground there or something. I need to check the sending unit for power. Is there a fuel relay going to the pump that I need to check?
Sleep on it. In the morning double check all work performed. I bet you just forgot to hook something back up.
Dude, Great advice! Plugged in this little guy and primed the fuel line and it fired right up. I completely forgot that i disconnected it while working inside the truck.

IMG_0700.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom