New front passenger seat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I tried to fix my power seats and ordered new gears from gamviti. After reinstallation of the seat, It still won't slide... I've given up and want to just order new seats (don't care if it's manual) Anyone know where I can buy new seats? Thanks!

IMG_20170306_174845.jpg

Thousands of universal seats out there. The problem is finding brackets that will mate the seat to the floor.

For what its worth, the plastic cap in the picture you posted doesn't look like it is seated all the way, IIRC. Also, gotta make sure the rails are lined up just right when you go back together. FWIW.

For what its worth, the plastic cap in the picture you posted doesn't look like it is seated all the way, IIRC. Also, gotta make sure the rails are lined up just right when you go back together. FWIW.

I did take both of those into consideration. The rails were off by 1/4" before I put the seat back on. Also you're right, the cap is not seated all the way in. For some reason I couldn't get it all the way in flush. I even tried softly knocking it in with a hammer...

You're going to have to customize the mount?
Looks that way. I had a racing seat like these installed on my old Isuzu Trooper. I loved it. No matter how long I drove, I climbed out of the seat feeling refreshed and unfatigued. Brilliant. You do feel every bump, though, but who cares?

I did take both of those into consideration. The rails were off by 1/4" before I put the seat back on. Also you're right, the cap is not seated all the way in. For some reason I couldn't get it all the way in flush. I even tried softly knocking it in with a hammer...

If the cap does not go in further that means the shaft the gear rides on is not centered in the opening. When not centered the gear you replaced will not be engaged. The new gear may already be striped. The cap does not need to be hammered in if positioned properly.

If the cap does not go in further that means the shaft the gear rides on is not centered in the opening. When not centered the gear you replaced will not be engaged. The new gear may already be striped. The cap does not need to be hammered in if positioned properly.

Thanks! I'm going to try it again and see if the cap sits in place flush. I'll let you know how it goes. Appreciate the help

I assume you checked your switch? My seat wouldn't go back, only forward, checked output of switch for reverse. No output. I jumpered the terminals with alligator clips and seat moved backward without any issues.

I assume you checked your switch? My seat wouldn't go back, only forward, checked output of switch for reverse. No output. I jumpered the terminals with alligator clips and seat moved backward without any issues.

When I initially had the problem, it would only move forward as well. How do I check the output? Thank you!

The motor that moves the seat forward and backward is the one closest to front of seat. It has a two wire connector. You should see +12v between the two pins for one direction and -12v in the other. If your other seat works properly you can verify the behavior there and then make sure the bad one behaves the same.

The motor that moves the seat forward and backward is the one closest to front of seat. It has a two wire connector. You should see +12v between the two pins for one direction and -12v in the other. If your other seat works properly you can verify the behavior there and then make sure the bad one behaves the same.

What did you jump the alligator clips with? Assuming I do this after checking the shaft cap for flushness

You need to check switch first. If switch works then you're done, it's not a switch problem. If switch only works in one direction then you can use leads with alligator clips to reverse operation of the motor by connecting leads in between connector and motor.

You need to check switch first. If switch works then you're done, it's not a switch problem. If switch only works in one direction then you can use leads with alligator clips to reverse operation of the motor by connecting leads in between connector and motor.

It sounds like the chair wants to slide forward and back. But the rods aren't aligned and equal when I put it back together. So I'll try that first, then the switch?

It sounds like the chair wants to slide forward and back. But the rods aren't aligned and equal when I put it back together. So I'll try that first, then the switch?

Alignment was the problem on my seat... that and the plastic end cap had come off. I used the wrench to feel when resistance was the least on one worm drive. When resistance felt really light, I knew that I had aligned the two side and the seat works perfectly now.

Alignment was the problem on my seat... that and the plastic end cap had come off. I used the wrench to feel when resistance was the least on one worm drive. When resistance felt really light, I knew that I had aligned the two side and the seat works perfectly now.

Oh ok. So don't tighten the worm bolts super tight? And only tighten when I feel little resistance?

IMG_20170306_174845.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom