new frame search (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
any one know if there are any companys selling new truck frames?
looking to replace the one on my buddys 86 toy, it bent where toyota forgot to put in the rear ifs brace:mad:
for now we are going to bend it back, gusset the hell out of the frame and throw on sas kit untill we can hunt down a new frame and swap everything over

any one know if there are any companys selling new truck frames?
looking to replace the one on my buddys 86 toy, it bent where toyota forgot to put in the rear ifs brace:mad:
for now we are going to bend it back, gusset the hell out of the frame and throw on sas kit untill we can hunt down a new frame and swap everything over

HUH? the rear a-arm tabs spread? Big deal; pull them together and put a brace on it. Or did he hit something and bend it at the crumple zone?

You're going to need to put a location on your post if you want someone to help out. I've got a frame, but not IFS.

86 toy, it bent where toyota forgot to put in the rear ifs brace:mad:

If you want to go back to IFS there are (2MK) braces for that.....

Downy

NWORS

If you plan to "SAS" the current then why go back? / swap frames, isent that a little extreme?

I'm :confused:

you can buy a roll over or not running (ahelofalot) cheaper than (if you could) a new frame?

Last edited:
Good frames are hard to find around here they rot out fast so finding a donor truck with a good frame is well like finding a needle in a haystack

He has all the sas parts on order now so straitening out the ifs and adding the brace is out of the question plus ifs cannot hold up to the type of wheeling we do

The driver’s side tap bent in putting a twist on the frame

Locations in Boston

I saw new frames for sale in some mag a while back for these trucks for about $1,500 just cant remember what company it was

FWIW, e-bay sometimes has people that list non running trucks as parts and thus they have less traffic, so the bid wont get stupid.

you might get lucky.........and, oh yeah road trip!!!

In all my resurch I've never seen AFMKT frames.

I saw new frames for sale in some mag a while back for these trucks for about $1,500 just cant remember what company it was

That would be Bud R. over at Budbuilt.com. Not sure if he ever got around to a production unit, though. Great guy and I recommend his products. I have an 85 SWB pickup frame that's in great shape (sans a twisted shock mount) that I need to get rid of if you get desperate...

I think Matkins maybe, not sure if that's right though.I saw the add in a 4wd magazine a couple of years ago.They also make frames for jeeps and early broncos I believe.

I think Matkins maybe, not sure if that's right though.I saw the add in a 4wd magazine a couple of years ago.They also make frames for jeeps and early broncos I believe.

yahh that was it! :D googled them, on there web sight it says the only toyota fames they make are fj-40 frames oww well

I've seen some really clean trucks on Craigslist in Arizona, not a lot of rust going on down there, I wish I bought all my vehicles there :rolleyes: . Worth looking at, half the time when someone parts out a vehicle, they end up with the frame, and a good chunk of the body, and usually have to pay someone to winch it onto a truck and haul it off, and would never cry about it being done for free after getting a few quotes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom