New FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First post
FJ 62 with 172,000 miles
Owned it 3 months, put 5000 miles on it
po had it re-painted, used an 86 for the grill and new interior, and put on the custom bumpers.
I`ve done routine maintenence, put new Bilstiens all around, started Chassis Saver on the frame(almost done),have it down now to replace the radiator which had started to leak.
Without this forum I would have been lost owning this vehicle, they are quirky!!
Hope at some point I can contribute.
Best advice I took was the throttle cable adjustment, turned a wild unpredictable a/t into a purring pussycat.
Thanks to everyone

Love this truck!
MVC-001S.JPG

Looks clean, did the PO change the grill and mirrors to 60 stuff, instead of the 62?

FJ60 grill on an FJ62, pretty nice! Was wondering if this could be done, myself. I like my EFI FJ62, but really like the looks of the FJ60 grille w. round headlights.

Bumpers are pretty cool, too.

Is it '89 or '90? Looks like you have shoulder belts....

What year is it?
I've heard people talk about the 60 grill swap on a 62, just never heard anyone that actually did it.
I've have always like the 60 front end, in fact I kinda wanted to sell my 62 for 60, but have decided to keep it.....I'd love to swap out my front end though for a 60 style.

Quirky? Maybe a little, but you have to remember these are 15 or more year-old trucks with lots of miles....and usually have had the s*** driven out of them and poorly cared for.
Nice rig.

Its an 88 with an 86 grill and a complete(except for the dash) gray interior. No power windows etc.
Runs great!!

airon23 said:
Ya I think it is a 60 unless it was really done. Can't tell from pic.

Huh?

Non-USA FJ62s which were produced from 84/11 to 87/08 have same front look with US FJ60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom