New FJ62 owner and FULLY obsessed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It had been 6 months and search after search I could never find the “right one”. Craigslist, Bring A Trailer, Autotrader .. you name it. Sure options were out there, but living in New England, anything in reasonable driving distance under $10K was a rust bucket.

It took a family trip to Orlando and some extra time searching eBay for me to find a nice prospect about an hour from our hotel. Near the coast? Perfect! The family was sold on the idea of a beach day and my plan was in motion. The prospect was ‘90 FJ62 with around 200k miles. A recent paint job made it pop in the photos, something catastrophic had to be wrong with it, I thought. The owner disclosed over the phone that it only needed carpet and a headliner to be near complete. That RED!

I couldn’t get over how clean it was in person. Sure the interior is a manageable project, but the real challenge, the exterior and under body were near mint. I’ve always heard about a “Florida car”.... but this was it. Gorgeous!

When it was in my grasp, I knew quickly it wasn’t getting far. Just last week it made the trip up north to her final destination. Meet my new unicorn: Big Red

First time FJ owner. New to ih8mud. Fully addicted to my new forever car and couldn’t be happier.

1990 FJ62
201k miles
Automatic

1E916728-9DCE-45FB-9DEB-72E75194580E.jpeg

F992CB02-408C-471E-9AAA-2C7A1C095427.jpeg

1C7D4FE6-0F24-462F-9E00-6ED8F9AE972A.jpeg

54103178-D8BF-4436-A1F9-3B96A24ECA0C.jpeg

Looks great, though you'll have more comments in the 60 series forum.

So you drove it up from Florida? Very good test run!

Post some interior pics!

Was that the one owned by the dealership manager? Looks nice either way. Red 62’s are the best.

Welcome to the madness! Great looking rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom