New Fj60 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently purchased an 86 fj60. Very excited! I’m located in southern CT and was looking for any fellow fj owners in the area for support, mechanic recommendations, etc.

Welcome! We demand photos and gory details. :)

here’s a few pics...I have a leak which I don’t know where it’s from...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Welcome! Got the same as you but an ’85. I‘m up in Kent, CT so close by, relatively speaking. Looks like you’ve got OME suspension and a De smogged rig which is great. I’ve just rebuilt my front axle and baselined my truck with a tune up and fresh fluids. Welcome to the forum! If you’re interested in some 4wd up here, let me know.

cheers, James
8A67FBFB-005F-4CF3-851D-242CAE5F8C55.jpeg

That rig was up for sale here on mud this summer out of NJ. If you are looking for a leak take it to the self serve car wash and power wash the undercarriage clean. Then monitor for the source of your leak. Keep off the salty roads this winter!

Hey @DrRock and @bbjornson, I am in East Hampton, CT and would be great to connect!
Other than having rebuilt everything in my engine and the drivetrain, my truck is a fair amount more beat but once she’s running, if all goes well, I’d be happy to meet up. I’ll grab a side-ish view of mine now. I had my local powder coater do the front valance awhile back cuz at some point I plan to do some matching pin strips. And I just rejuvenated my emblem yesterday. Fyi too cuz many don’t realize if they are new, I’m a female here on this very male dominated forum.
Felicity

CD45F49E-48FF-4602-A9C5-17F4371A1DCD.jpeg

BF706A9B-3E90-4FB6-AE35-7C775593F084.jpeg

Good Afternoon Felicity, Sounds good! There is a nice 4WD loop up here in the NW corner that has a good mix of dirt, pavement, views and one hill climb challenge. Should anyone need help wrenching, tools etc let me know as I have a pretty good selection and a nice dry garage in which to work in.

Glad to see we have a few owners now in the nutmeg state!

Cheers, James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom