1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New FJ60 owner and one simple question

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by Jgraphix, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Jgraphix

Jgraphix

Hi all,
    I've been a member for a couple of months now and I just wanted to say that I have never been on a board of this kind with owners who are dedicated and love their 60's. I feel honored to join such a group =)

So I bought a used 84' FJ60 with a 140k (it's in the registry). It runs great and feels very strong. I have already solved some issue's by looking and searching on this board to get them resolved (saved some $$$ for sure.) I am a former owner of a FJ80, but never took it off road, and for that, I feel cheated. So with my new toy, I wanted to take her off road. So I am asking, is there a place where I can take her off-road and a place where a beginner can learn slowly? I am located in San Jose, CA so anywhere within a good two hour drive would be great.

Thanks!! :grinpimp:

2. 2badfjs

2badfjs

colorado :D

welcome :)

3. PortFJ62

PortFJ62

Glad we have another on board! I cant answer bout cali but give your thread till mon afternoon and Im sure you will have more than one choice(place to go). Ask and they will respond. You might want to look and see what LC clubs might be in your area. TLCA website can help with that. I think you can find that info on this board as well.
    Look into this,
    CA- Gold Coast Cruisers
    CA- L.A. County Trailcrew CA- Mountain Transit Authority
    CA- Pacific Mountain Cruisers CA- SoCal 80's
    CA- Southern California Land Cruisers CA- Toyota Rocks
    Good Luck:cheers:

4. Dynosoar

Dynosoar Slightly Disturbed SILVER Star

I think Coyote canyon (creek) is an OHV are just north of Morgan Hill. It seems like a lot of motorcycles go there but I am sure there is some truck stuff too.

Dynosoar :zilla:

5. 88chevota

88chevota

Buy this book. You'll love it! I have two one for Nor Cal and one for So Cal.

[​IMG]

6. Jgraphix

Jgraphix

Thanks everyone! I just googled the Coyote Creek and looks like I will research that place and check it out this weekend.
    I am going to order them books that 88chevota recommended, they look like what I am kinda looking for. Hopefully, they have some camping sites included in the book.
    Thanks again! =)

7. Nemesis Gnat

Nemesis Gnat

hey im just up in the menlo park/atherton area... hollister is a big name place, look it up hollister hills ohv park, its only about 1 to 1.5 hours south of me, so something like a half hour south of you

pm me if you wanna go wheel, there are some sketchy back road places, but those are secretish and i wont tell you on the public forum... im just on stock suspension and 33s, no lockers, so im not one of the badass wheels up the grand canyon kinda guys (though id still try, just get stuck...) but hollister is fun.

8. Ducks

Ducks

Media:
    Albums:
    Hollister

I also have this book. It's very detailed. -

Backcountry Adventures: Northern California
    http://www.4wdbooks.com/

[​IMG]

9. Jgraphix

Jgraphix

I just ordered the books online... can't wait to receive them and take a trip =)
    Thanks everyone!