New FJ60 member finally! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know the seller of this rig. He is a die hard OEM guy. Meticulous and has a true passion to do restorations to a high standard. His mud handle is @grayluher! He has several rigs in the works.

No real plans with it. Being from the midwest, you can only use your vehicles 6 months out of the year :(. I'd like to keep it clean and just drive it as-is without modifying it.
That rig is beautiful man. Great job finding one in that condition! Being originally from the midwest I can say I have rusted through many of vehicles. :( Make sure if you ever do drive it in the winter to rinse that underneath well!! I'm lucky enough to not have to do that now being in the PNW. They don't salt in most of Oregon so we get to play all year. Anyways nice truck and welcome.

@ceylonfj40nut Thank you for the compliment! It means a lot coming from you! You have been super helpful, possess a wealth of knowledge, and have been extremely resourceful along the way! You are one of the few people I know I n Dallas that pocess that true Land Cruiser spirit!

I felt like it was important to bring this vehicle back to it’s former glory! I aquired in 2015, when everyone was focused on the 40’s and I somehow became drawn to these 60’s and really tried to learn as much as I could about them. Took my time to ensure that everything that needed to be addressed was done and felt very happy with the end result.

Drives/Idles really smoothly for the age, miles and for being carbureted. I was always so impressed with how my mechanic adjusted. It idled better than my friends 80k cruiser and some of my FJ62’s.

@RoyB I agree with some of the comments, if you are able to drive or idle at least a few times a month, everything should hold up. As much as you hate loosing something you have spent so much time restoring, you are happy when you know the next owner will enjoy it and take good care of it!

Thanks for the welcomes and tips. And yes, that is the rig I won. It was on the higher end of what I wanted to spend, but it was also one of the cleanest examples I have seen. Based on what I have seen sell on that site, ebay, and what dealers have listed... I think the price was right in line. The three that followed it were no where near the shape and bids reflected it. In the future I hope I can pick up a cheaper one that I wouldn't mind driving and doing a little aftermarket work to. This one will be remaining as stock and have an easy life on weekends and sunny days.
That gorgeous gal ain’t quite stock. She’s been de-smogged! Free to be as she was intended! Great lookin rig!

Beautiful truck, I followed along with the BaT auction. Where are you in Chicago? I have an 84 I’m restoring and would love to see yours in person.

Congrats on the purchase!
-Justin

Ah so he is a member after all! @grayluher and I have been in contact after purchase and this man goes above and beyond. Definitely a class act and I would buy another from him without question.

This rig will not see snow or salty roads. Neither will my wrangler for that matter! The Ram gets that duty and the 4R if the roads are clear. I just started her up and took her around the block and got her situated in the garage for the remainder of winter. I am amazed as how good this vehicle idles . My neighbor came running over tonight and said the same thing.

I am super stoked to put some miles on it when the weather allows. Good tips on the exercising. I try to idle my stored cars for a good 15 mins every month when they aren't being regularly used. Sounds like the 60 need a little more often.

Looking forward to meeting some members in person. The cruiser community seems pretty chill compared to some other groups I've seen.

Beautiful 60! Thanks for sharing!
I just acquired an '85 from the Southwest. It's currently at Land Cruiser Specialties outside of Portland Oregon getting a few tweaks. I'm having a TBI installed as I'm planning on taking this rig to Ethiopia were I'll be at driving at 8K feet and above most of the time. I was concerned about the standard carburetor. Will post some pictures when I get it back here in a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom