1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New fj40

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by fzj, Feb 15, 2004.

1. fzj

fzj

Does anyone have any additional info on the new fj40 supposed to be produces by toyota, I have heard that the actual production version will look more like the real fj40 and less like the space aged concept rig, it's too bad Toyota is kinda losing touch with there trucks and suv's. They could build one heck of a new fj40 buy using some of the running gear off of the uzj100 instead of taking it from the Tacoma, just my opion let me know what you guys think!

2. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    I don't know. Last I heard it got the axe.

?????? ?????

3. 72cruiser

72cruiser

yeah, i heard that too.

anybody see the new concept bronco? that thing is sick. actually looks like an EB.

that's what toyota needs to go for, a total committment to the old school fj40, none of that weird concept crap. and a frickin removable top. i mean, come on boys. ha ha.

malphrus

4. Landpimp

Landpimp

I wish Toyota would have gone further with this concept retro Cruiser, they made only a few hundered of them. The PX10, solid axle, H dsl(I forget which) cable lockers, ect. Basicly a HZJ74 with a different body
    [​IMG]

5. fjcruiser

fjcruiser

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=1;threadid=11580;start=msg105612#msg105612 date=1076945017]
    I wish Toyota would have gone further with this concept retro Cruiser, they made only a few hundered of them. The PX10, solid axle, H dsl(I forget which) cable lockers, ect. Basicly a HZJ74 with a different body
    [​IMG]
    [/quote]
    I don't care for the looks of that rig. It looks like a Ford Bronco with a cruiser grill and fenders.
    There have been more and more cool rigs coming out based on old styling. Hopefully Toyota will do the same and design a new rig on the 40 styling.

6. Landpimp

Landpimp

see I kinda like it, the front end and drivetrain work for me.

I guess if you don't like that you SURE won't like this
    [​IMG]

:whoops: ::)