Patina Pollux Formerly "New FJ40 no direction decided" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

btw i wished that was the only screwup the PO did... i think he robbed a hardware store full of random size bolts and then went over to advance auto to buy cheap s*** to make the V8 run....
That is my pet peeve. With any job, you put in random fasteners and I start cussing. Helping my father-in-law, I replaced a failed mini tankless water heater under his sink. Installed by a "pro." Of the four screws used to mount it, I needed three different tools to remove them. And I constantly find the same sh!t every time I follow someone else's work.

IMG_20221231_120906108_HDR.jpg

Started tearing into her, got the aux fuel tank out, I'm adding a fuel sending unit, and a vent because I'm having a hard time filling her up without spilling.

Also working on the engine, replace all hoses and some of the wiring.

slowly making progress, got the fuel tank replaced, added fuel sending unit and vent to the aux tank but havent hooked up the wiring yet
got a 2" ironman lift installed, 33" on 17" steel rims and started working a little on patina restauration.
shes missing shocks but she runs.
fj40.jpg

now i have to rebuild my garage, since i only have 1 inch clearance to the garage door and windshield.

so i ordered new rafters today, the plan is to raise the ceiling from 8ft to 11ft, and the garage doors will go from 9x7 to 9x8, also ill have insulation and airconditioning. plan is to be finished by end of may, well see if that works.

after that, its bikini top time, i ordered a rollcage without the front portion as i cant stand having that bar next to my foot, than i can drive around in the shade.

currently open topics are:
front brakes are horrible
rear brakes are horrible
transmission is loud and grinding
transfer case 4x4 doesnt work
random oil leaks.
winch rebuild

now there’s a faithful 40 owner. modify the garage to make the vehicle work!! i just love it!

i’m filling suit with what you’re doing. i have a poorly 350 swapped early 72 that my boys and i are fixing. now just trying to get it wired up. had crazy steering when i first bought it. suspension and getting rid of the crappy bias ply tires made it go from a two lane driver to straight and true.

exciting times. guys like you inspire me to keep going! keep it up!!

slowly making progress, got the fuel tank replaced, added fuel sending unit and vent to the aux tank but havent hooked up the wiring yet
got a 2" ironman lift installed, 33" on 17" steel rims and started working a little on patina restauration.
shes missing shocks but she runs.
View attachment 3293209

now i have to rebuild my garage, since i only have 1 inch clearance to the garage door and windshield.

so i ordered new rafters today, the plan is to raise the ceiling from 8ft to 11ft, and the garage doors will go from 9x7 to 9x8, also ill have insulation and airconditioning. plan is to be finished by end of may, well see if that works.

after that, its bikini top time, i ordered a rollcage without the front portion as i cant stand having that bar next to my foot, than i can drive around in the shade.

currently open topics are:
front brakes are horrible
rear brakes are horrible
transmission is loud and grinding
transfer case 4x4 doesnt work
random oil leaks.
winch rebuild
Looks good, but something is not correct with that front shackle angle. What's the rear shackle angle look like? I wouldn't drive it on the road until you get the shackle angle sorted, I'm sure the hive mind here can help solve the issue(s) with the proper photos.

both front and rear shackle angles look like sh*t, supposedly these springs will settle and that should fix it, im curious... i know that the springs are installed correctly, so if they dont settle ill see what i can do

now there’s a faithful 40 owner. modify the garage to make the vehicle work!! i just love it!

i’m filling suit with what you’re doing. i have a poorly 350 swapped early 72 that my boys and i are fixing. now just trying to get it wired up. had crazy steering when i first bought it. suspension and getting rid of the crappy bias ply tires made it go from a two lane driver to straight and true.

exciting times. guys like you inspire me to keep going! keep it up!!

lol seem like im spending a lot of time in the garage, might as well make it comfortable

Looks good, but something is not correct with that front shackle angle. What's the rear shackle angle look like? I wouldn't drive it on the road until you get the shackle angle sorted, I'm sure the hive mind here can help solve the issue(s) with the proper photos.
yep for sure front and back shackles are angled in. they should be angled out at the bottom. you’re at risk of be ding your springs if the shackles fully invert and driving it like that will be super rough!

The plan is to raise the ceiling to a little over 11Ft, put in 2 9x8 insulated garage doors, rewire everything, insulate everything and get a split unit.

The trusses i ordered last month have like a attic, but i don't know yet what i will do with that, maybe an office or so.

This is where I am now
IMG_20230430_075144225_HDR.jpg

My dad picked up that gas tank from you a while back. We patched it with JB weld and it helped get our 40 on the road. Great work on yours and hope to have mine at that level soon.

View attachment 3312987
That's awesome! I like your dad, nice guy and had a long chat with him, hope he is doing great!
I'll be doing a lot more driving this year, so maybe we see us in town!

Trusses finally got delivered, trying to line up the crew to put them up, finally some more progress

IMG_20230516_112643011.jpg

I also got some cruiser parts delivered, so i really need the garage to get her ready to cruise around town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom