Patina Pollux Formerly "New FJ40 no direction decided" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you putting a lift? Check max height. Hate to have you go through lifting roof to find its not enough. 12’ is what i look for.

Love the pollux orange, particularly patina one!

A lift is not really decided, the high is around 11.5ft, there are a few options for that height. The problem is that the garage is pretty small, and a lift takes quite a bit of room and flexibility

Don't think is matters what size a garage is it's never big enough.
20211031_140757.jpg

I was given a heavy I beam and large square pile for vertical pieces I plan to make two A frames on wheels with a trolly on the I beam. Lift would be nice but for installing running gear want it close to the ground. Running wiring, hydraulic lines and exhaust will just have deal with lifted off the ground a little.

I was tight on space so built a hoist frame into my garage. I lifted the body off a troopie by myself using this rig. Also made it easy for setting/pulling engines. I also used a door opener that mounts to the front wall to not interfere with the hoist.

28BAA9C1-B269-4B02-B142-F7D1C9A49286.jpeg

0C769109-C14E-4888-A5AA-146054974DA5.jpeg

C9CD0D9B-4CE0-411F-AB5F-E54BBACC8683.jpeg

Last edited:
I used to have a A-frame in Germany, worked pretty well, but here i just use the tractor, haven't had an engine it couldn't lift :)

Anyway I'm making progress, next step is framing the garage doors that should arrive end of next week or beginning of the week after that.

Here is where I am, and i am loving it I'm really happy with the way it's coming together.
IMG_20230517_164352995_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230517_164343687_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230517_164413634_HDR.jpg

slowly making progress, got the fuel tank replaced, added fuel sending unit and vent to the aux tank but havent hooked up the wiring yet
got a 2" ironman lift installed, 33" on 17" steel rims and started working a little on patina restauration.
shes missing shocks but she runs.
View attachment 3293209

now i have to rebuild my garage, since i only have 1 inch clearance to the garage door and windshield.

so i ordered new rafters today, the plan is to raise the ceiling from 8ft to 11ft, and the garage doors will go from 9x7 to 9x8, also ill have insulation and airconditioning. plan is to be finished by end of may, well see if that works.

after that, its bikini top time, i ordered a rollcage without the front portion as i cant stand having that bar next to my foot, than i can drive around in the shade.

currently open topics are:
front brakes are horrible
rear brakes are horrible
transmission is loud and grinding
transfer case 4x4 doesnt work
random oil leaks.
winch rebuild
Can't wait for some glamor shots of this patina all polished up! This is a rare color and yours has beautiful finish. Love the build, keep it up!

Very nice. Looks like your putting in a 2nd floor?

Very nice. Looks like your putting in a 2nd floor?
Yes, but undecided what to do with it, either a small apartment for the kids when they are in college, or a man cave, or whatever. Just trying not to turn it into a storage area, i need less clutter, not more :)

It added only 3000$ in extra cost, the logic was that it will never be that cheap again to add space...

This is upstairs right now:

IMG_20230517_164514239_HDR.jpg

Still slow but got some more progress.
Decided to farm out the shingles, i have enough work to do, and i am not comfortable with ladders and that steep pitch.

Garage framing is finished, and ready for the doors to hopefully arrive next week.still need to close 1 gable next weekend, but i got 3 sides weather tight.

I will run power also this week, because i need to work on the Landcruiser so i can start driving, so i should have some Landcruiser related pictures soon.

IMG_20230604_142628614_HDR.jpg

I took a little break from the garage and worked on the Landcruiser.

Added a rear cage, basically half of a family cage, and mounted the bikini top. The top could be better, but it's going to keep the sun off my head.
Need to install the shocks, but can't find the OEM nuts, so i will use regular nuts from the hardware store untill I get to move my stuff from the basement back to the garage and hopefully find the nuts

Ready for summer:

IMG_20230611_174102637_HDR.jpg

I took a little break from the garage and worked on the Landcruiser.

Added a rear cage, basically half of a family cage, and mounted the bikini top. The top could be better, but it's going to keep the sun off my head.
Need to install the shocks, but can't find the OEM nuts, so i will use regular nuts from the hardware store untill I get to move my stuff from the basement back to the garage and hopefully find the nuts

Ready for summer:

View attachment 3349159
How did you do the rear hoop? That’s my goal as well.

How did you do the rear hoop? That’s my goal as well.
I called all4funoffroad and asked them if i can order only the rear portion of their family cage, they send a quote and i ordered it.
It's the B-pillar, C-pillar, connection pieces, mounting plates and the B-pillar cross bars.

I didn't put the crossbars on because i want to try and mount the seats, and want to keep it as simple as possible, it just needs to hold a bikini top

I called all4funoffroad and asked them if i can order only the rear portion of their family cage, they send a quote and i ordered it.
It's the B-pillar, C-pillar, connection pieces, mounting plates and the B-pillar cross bars.

I didn't put the crossbars on because i want to try and mount the seats, and want to keep it as simple as possible, it just needs to hold a bikini top

That’s easy enough!

Still been busy with the garage, I did squeeze in a few days of vacation, but generally I'm working every day on the garage. Learned a lot, soffits fascia, I didn't even know how to call that stuff and now I built it myself...the Landcruiser is lonely, but it's got a dry home, I didn't drive more than 20 miles with it this summer.

I'll post some inside pictures later, but I got everything rewired, got some ceiling fans installed and I'm using the garage. For emergency projects, since I am neglecting everything that's not an emergency so I can focus on the garage.

Anyway, I got the rear finished and one side, here is a picture, I love it more then I expected.

IMG_20230924_170952936_HDR.jpg

The windows in the dark grey cinder block wall will be replaced with new white windows and the gutters are also still missing.

October is outside finishing month, I am almost finished with siding the second peak wall, and this coming weekend I should be working on the front side and maybe finish it

Soo close, I can't wait till I'm done, I underestimated the amount of work, and the cost... but I'm on the homestretch for the outside. Winter will be inside insolation drywall and and and..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom