New Fenders....CCOT or SOR? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I want to go OEM on fenders... I just think from what I have heard that is what I am doing... I am going to be calling cdan in a few weeks... think oem are about $400 arent they???

A tad higher than $400 for both....I just bought a set in January from Cdan. I think the ones that are still available are for the '79+, however they will still fit earlier years, but may need some new mounting holes drilled.

I say go with the metal tech fenders. I have a set and the cage, he makes a great product

dude, go metaltech if you are going to wheel it at all, you are going to go that route anyhow eventually. If it is a street rig, mild wheeling, get the CCOT fenders. They are fine but do require quite a bit of work to get them to fit right. I got mine to fit and they look great but it did require a lot of slotting of holes, bending, cursing, etc. But they were cheap and my fj40 is a trail truck with a rattle can paintjob. It all really depends on what your usage of the vehicle will be. Trail truck don't bother with OEM. Show resto, buy OEM. my 2 cents.

noah

got the ccots and found them a hassle to fit. had to redrill holes, bend, twist, etc, and still didn't get a perfect fit. but the body isn't so straight to begin with. then first time out wheeling and one of them bent while crashing over a bit of brush. grabbed a hold of it and pulled it back up into place on the spot. pretty thin stuff. i expect they'll be out in the scrap heap soon enough.

My truck is going to be a DD....but I am taking it to moab....other than that mild use on the rubicon and various camping trips.....

Im torn between OEM and MT.....

I like the strenght and price of MT...but I cant weld well enough to make them do the rig justice.

sounds like a reason to get a welder and learn!! :)

seriously though, it will open up the possibilities of what you can do WIDE OPEN. I am very glad I learned and it took very little time to get it right.

love my miller 175....

Noah
Millermatic180.jpg

Not long ago I was where you are now, nothin like the look ,fit and quality of OEM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom