New exhaust vortec V8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexasLandCruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
pin.it
Anybody put a non California exhaust on a 60 or 62 with a 5.3 or 6.2? If so whatd you spend. Reuse my magnaflow. The 3 inch pipes are pitted pretty bad and would like to freshen it up. Also would it do me good to cut cats. I did not care about California compliant. Was thinking about changing the headers back excluding the muffler e en killing the cats. Also what kind of performance difference if I strip it all out.

It will let the motor breathe better Without cats

2.5 inch the whole way manifold back, 2-1 muffler saves on the trails getting exhaust bent and smashed. Exit behind the drivers wheel

yes you can delete the cats but your going to want a tuner to play tuner games after you delete to really notice the power/fuel gain

i have center dump headers, they are a pain, I’d rock stock ones, they dump where you want them to dump on a 62 anyways.

Word of advice- find a quiet muffler or you’ll hate long drives

It will let the motor breathe better Without cats

2.5 inch the whole way manifold back, 2-1 muffler saves on the trails getting exhaust bent and smashed. Exit behind the drivers wheel

yes you can delete the cats but your going to want a tuner to play tuner games after you delete to really notice the power/fuel gain

i have center dump headers, they are a pain, I’d rock stock ones, they dump where you want them to dump on a 62 anyways.

Word of advice- find a quiet muffler or you’ll hate long drives
Thanks for the feedback. My Magnafow is like new so I’ll keep it. Yep on the headers rear dump. The setup flows well out the back of the engine compartment and aligning with pipe flange.

so I’d assume the tune would priority off the MAS or will I keep first set of 02 splitting the load with MAS? Somebody at the shop said delete all of it. My pipes are proper out drivers side. However I don’t like the down turn to jump over the transfer case then turn back to port side. If you’re standing 20ft away mid truck you see a good 2 feet of pipe hanging below body. Is there another route?

Even this close and angle you can see it. FYI I pulled the sliders until I finish the rollin resto. Keep bashing my head coming off the creeper

B29117F2-DF41-4987-992B-FB1D616605AC.jpeg

use center dump on the right side, and pass under the oil pan.
That’s one way,

I ran into front diff oil pain issues and it wouldn’t work that way for me.

@wester11 my exhaust jumps over my rear drive shaft right behind the tcase and then goes to a 2-1 muffler on the drivers side. I’ll try to get some pics tonight for ya

That’s one way,

@wester11 my exhaust jumps over my rear drive shaft right behind the tcase and then goes to a 2-1 muffler on the drivers side. I’ll try to get some pics tonight for ya
Here’s my layout underneath. I stopped by the muffler shop today and we took a look at it. Shop said this is all stainless and if you want us to clean it up and reroute can do but $$$ because of the stainless. I see the route over rear shaft and if I cross over about halfway down the shaft plenty of room. May need to scoot the muffler aft some to make the turn back into the front of it. Based on my pic is yours positioned where mine is?

4BD24708-7F14-4D09-B588-37F16D666D30.jpeg

Here’s my layout underneath. I stopped by the muffler shop today and we took a look at it. Shop said this is all stainless and if you want us to clean it up and reroute can do but $$$ because of the stainless. I see the route over rear shaft and if I cross over about halfway down the shaft plenty of room. May need to scoot the muffler aft some to make the turn back into the front of it. Based on my pic is yours positioned where mine is?

View attachment 2687494
Same as this but I’m run over the cross memeber on the pass side

That's the first I've seen that runs UNDER the cross member.

That’s one way,

That’d be great, I’m disappointed I have to do this because the previous owner went to the trouble to do a 5.3 and all stainless. All it took was to measure twice and cut once. But they took the path of least resistance. Over the rear axle is wide open so I’m doing that. But would love to see your layout.

That's the first I've seen that runs UNDER the cross member.
You have no idea the bs I’m fixing do to “stupid”. It’s rampant out there in the world. About once a week I find stuff that was a bad decision that was actually harder than doing it right. Unfortunately I think it’s common

That’s one way,

Any luck finding pics of your setup?

Here is the only photos I have on this memory card the other couple thousand are on another memory card. The driver side swoops down into the y pipe the passenger swoops down just in front of the transmission xmember close up to the front driveshaft and transmission then goes in an upward angle then 90s into the y pipe best I can do as far as pics I know the one picture doesn't show the exhaust its just for reference and the transmission is a 4l80e.
Tommy

Screenshot_20210707-195249.png

Screenshot_20210707-195337.png

Here is the only photos I have on this memory card the other couple thousand are on another memory card. The driver side swoops down into the y pipe the passenger swoops down just in front of the transmission xmember close up to the front driveshaft and transmission then goes in an upward angle then 90s into the y pipe best I can do as far as pics I know the one picture doesn't show the exhaust its just for reference and the transmission is a 4l80e.
Tommy

View attachment 2724974

View attachment 2724975
That’s a tight spot but doesn’t look like any issues. Thanks for sharing.

That’s a tight spot but doesn’t look like any issues. Thanks for sharing.
Not a problem wish i could show more . It is tight no matter witch way. Can also do it the way @rhah is done but the muffler I used along with a 3 inch single cat and y pipe no way that would have worked on that build pushed everything way back also fuel lines and such on the passenger side would have needed to move up to the top of the frame or a heat sheild of some sort anyways always more than one way to skin a cat. I dont skin cats tho.
Tommy

Not a problem wish i could show more . It is tight no matter witch way. Can also do it the way @rhah is done but the muffler I used along with a 3 inch single cat and y pipe no way that would have worked on that build pushed everything way back also fuel lines and such on the passenger side would have needed to move up to the top of the frame or a heat sheild of some sort anyways always more than one way to skin a cat. I dont skin cats tho.
Tommy
What I experienced and partially why my fuel line runs right up the middle of my rig, but no fuel/heat issues with them there.

Tommy

View attachment 2724974

View attachment 2724975
Cross member? Who what where? I likey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom