New exhaust, new problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Had Henry’s muffler in Raleigh replace my cats and muffler on my 1996 LX450 (they were shot). Picked her up from the shop and she drove fine for the first few miles then got a P0125 code on the way home. About 10 miles into the drive home, she blew the hose off and broke the nipple off of the EGR vacuum modulator and suffered severe power loss.

Bought and installed a new modulator, the correct hose from Toyota and upstream o2 sensor. I took her for a spin in my neighborhood. She has no power and blew the hose off again.
Any thoughts?????

TIA

Last edited:
Any issues prior to replacing the cats and muffler?

Sounds like a rag stuck in a pipe.

In seriousness I have no idea WTF. Have you contacted them?

Did you try looping off the EGR? And driving? I've got my hoses redneck deleted and have the plug looped? Drives just fine

Also interested in your muffler from Henry's...I need new cats or high flo's...got a magna flow that's still in good shape, but cats are rank.

Edit- from what I've read in your code it's the o2s..

Did you try looping off the EGR? And driving? I've got my hoses redneck deleted and have the plug looped? Drives just fine

Also interested in your muffler from Henry's...I need new cats or high flo's...got a magna flow that's still in good shape, but cats are rank.

Edit- from what I've read in your code it's the o2s..

Agreed on the o2, so I replaced the upstream that was giving the code.

Got a diagram on how to delete the EGR?

Use the HuddExpo.com delete.

Took it back to the muffler shop...

The exhaust temperature is elevated and is burning the cats and clogging them, causing excessive back pressure. Off to the mechanics (Renaissance for peeps in Raleigh) to have them diagnose the issue.

Last edited:
The cats need to be hot in order to work though. They are saying that the cats are clogging because of heat? 🤔

If there is excessive heat then its potentially a sparkplug/misfire or faulty o2...

Are you getting some *bangs* on revs from unburnt fuel post motor? Great for antilag...not for non-turbo's

The cats need to be hot in order to work though. They are saying that the cats are clogging because of heat? 🤔

The cats are getting too hot and clogging. Turning purple from heat in about 10 minutes instead of the golden color.

If there is excessive heat then its potentially a sparkplug/misfire or faulty o2...

Are you getting some *bangs* on revs from unburnt fuel post motor? Great for antilag...not for non-turbo's

This occurred with old o2 sensors. Replaced both sensors and the shop put new cats on and it happened again to them.

No bangs or noise front the engine. It is running smooth until the exhaust clogs and the loses power the blows the vacuum hose off the EGR.

I will update when I know more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom