New England Resources for LX450 project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a sweet 96 LX450 with 150k miles and no rust this past fall. It came with 1990's CD's in the changer - i.e Phil Collins/Hootie & the Blowfish. It came from Washington State, had it garaged this Winter. Now that it's Spring, I want to get started on doing stuff to it. I live near North Andover, MA and have a vacation house nearby Windham, ME. It's Bone stock right now and not worried about keeping it all stock. I want to have fun with it, it's a toy, so thinking a 2 to 4'' lift kit and bigger /new tires on it/probably new rims although OEM's are in good shape. Also, a seat belt is ripped and thus gets caught and the radio antennae stock just broke, and the back windows are terrifyingly slow so I get afraid it might get stuck. I am not a mechanic but an enthusiast and am looking for suggestions on good things to do to it. I don't really have a budget. Is there a way to take out the shifter and reverse it so my knee doesn't lean against the button while I'm driving? unfortunately I'm tall and this is the case. Otherwise I'm getting a custom one. Looking for ideas or local resources to work on it/modify it/improve it. It's kind of a Summer Beach wagon and weekend hobby. My kids love it, it's way older than them! PEACE

IMG_4494.jpg

IMG_4496.jpg

would love to get matching window tint on the drivers/and front passengers windows to match the back. not sure what brand & kind of tine would match up.

That is in great shape!
If you're going to dump the rims, ping me. Mine are beat, but I like the stock look.
I don't think you can reverse the shifter, I've had mine out and there is no provision for that.
Maybe you can source a RHD model, is the button on the right or left for those? I don't know.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club. That’s a great looking cruiser.

Grab a beverage sit down and kill some Quarantine time LOL lots of great information in the FAQ section stickied at the top of page 1 on modifications maintenance etc. 2 1/2 inch lift and 35s is a common place to start and Has great aesthetics. Hello or lift will avoid driveline issues and in general be less headache.

As for the knee contact look into see extension brackets are sold by joey at wits end. Even designed by one of your local cruiser neighbors.

would love to get matching window tint on the drivers/and front passengers windows to match the back. not sure what brand & kind of tine would match up.
We I tinted my '94 the shop I used did a slight balance of reflective-ness to make a pretty close match. If that makes sense. They used 3m product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom