New ECM, Same Codes, Arrghh (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had Codes 83,84,85, for which the fix was to replace old 60220 ECM with newer model 60221 ECM. Runs great as always, but threw new code. Checked code, get 83, 84, 85. Wait, that's where I started, %$#%^#@. Codes are stored in the ECM, so if the new ECM throws the old code, what do I do? Is it possible I actually had a "TCM Communication" problem and wasted money on a new ECM? I Searched in vain for this answer so any help would be great.

OK, this might sound funny. I believe those codes are related to the transmission control. Had a dealer borrow a ECU from us to try since they came up to the same issue. Turned out it was the throttle position sensor. I can check the codes and the reason why the TPS plays a role in this when I get to the shop. I also can't recall the exact codes the dealer had,

Thanks Christo

I'll get out the multimeter & check out the TPS. At this point I'm just looking for some place to start. I did have a little flare issue and adjusted the TPs about a year ago, maybe I made my own problem??? Turned out the tranny was alittle low not a TPS problem, so iff I put all the effort into that and then now into my computer I'm really going to feel like a tard...(good thing the MRS doesn't read these posts after all the time spent in garage with #6 instead of with her)

ha...

damn TPS reports!!

What about the red stapler, would that fix the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom