New Dobinsons MRR Coilover Kits for 200's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1568915148830.png

1568915460128.png

Dobinsons MRR (Monotube Remote Reservoir) coilovers seem to now be in stock in the US through - Dobinsons Direct. Ordering is through email only at the moment, as I don't see it on the website. I believe it had to be special ordered from Australia before.

Seems really interesting, an alternative to the BP51, King, Icon, etc options. Dobinsons is also normally at a lower price point than the market average, so these might be affordable too. Plus, I've seen that Dobinsons has a reputation of having smoother/softer riding shocks for city driving than OME for example, from 4runner guys and 200 series users with the twin tube shocks.

From their Instagram:
"We have in stock Dobinsons MRR kits for lifts heights of 1", 1.5", 2", 2.5" and 3"

The MRR are 2.6" body diameter and specifically valved providing ultimate control and smooth ride."

From what I gather, the full kits also offer an adjustable rear panhard rod, front UCA's, and front diff drop kit. Not sure if these MRR shocks are the same 3-way adjustable ones offered on other kits, which have "10 stage high speed + 20 stage low speed compression adjustment and 15 stage rebound adjustment". I'm also not sure if these could be configured as a long travel kit.

Obviously, I have no stake in this, I have just been shopping for the basic twin tube kit from Dobinsons and saw that they have the MRR kits in the US now. Maybe others can chime in on pricing and more info? @crikeymike?

Last edited:
All pricing is done thru PM's or email.

We don't sell it as "one kit" anyway, and we've had these components available for a long time. Not everyone needs or uses the same coils and lift heights, so we have options on all of that. And depending on the lift height, you can add the UCA's and rear panhard rod too.

No, this is the standard MRR's. The new adjustable version will be called MRA (Monotube Remote Adjustable), which look very much the same, but with the adjustments that you mentioned above.

@crikeymike I dont see them on the website. Do you have MRR shocks for the 100 series?

@crikeymike I dont see them on the website. Do you have MRR shocks for the 100 series?
We don't offer them for the front, only for the rear.

The front is such a short shock, that if we made it with a reservoir, it wouldn't really do much. We will be making non-resi (IMS) front monotubes for the 100 series IFS in the near future.

Last edited:
Shock body is 2.6” but what is the piston diameter?

Just edited my other post: The front is such a short shock, that if we made it with a reservoir, it wouldn't really do much. We will be making non-resi (IMS) front monotubes for the 100 series IFS in the near future.

I finally got to install my kit after a long long time. The installation was not that hard, and I really like the quality of the ride. Mike has been super helpful and kind. I'm still having some small issues here and there (missing parts, etc.), which Mike from ExitOffroad and Alvaro from Dobinsons are helping me with, but overall the experience has been very positive.

I am glad I made this purchase. The difference between firm and soft settings is very noticeable. I have my low compression on the firmer side while high compression is on the softer side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom