New dissent offroad no cut rear bumper! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

benc

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hey guys. Wanted to see how you guys would feel about a no cut version of my rear bumper?
May end up replacing my current version with this one.
What we are looking at is a 100% bolt on bumper, high clearance, (about 1" lower than the current version on the center only) slam style swingouts with a new heavy duty latch design, run with or without swing outs, tire will still fit underneath, included backup lights and trailer plug, still semi modular allowing proper adjustments, high and mid clearance tow hitch, (depending on towing needs) all this for a target price of $2200-2400 for dual swing outs!
The gx470 bumper got me thinking so decided to give it a go and am extremely happy with the lines we were able to achieve building around the crossmember. Here is a sneak peek, more to come.
Finished product will look a lot like the gx bumper
IMG_1506.JPG
IMG_1508.JPG
IMG_1509.JPG
IMG_1091.JPG

Last edited:
Looks beautiful, Ben! hey speaking of GX470... :)
Yep, got them side by side in the shop.
Hopeing some of the parts will be compatible with both.

Very interested to see how the final product turns out Ben!

very interested. How robust would the hitch be compared with the current version?

my interest is very peak!

Looks awesome Ben. You probably already know this, but trucks without the integrated hitch don't have the hitch cutout in the rear crossmember. Might make it challenging to have an hitch without going below the crossmember. I suspect you'll find an elegant solution though

Edit. Just noticed where you put it on the GX. Looks great!

Last edited:
I am very interested. I have your front bumper on order right now, I might buy the rear sooner than I planned depending on when this new one is available.

Awesome work!

Looks awesome Ben. You probably already know this, but trucks without the integrated hitch don't have the hitch cutout in the rear crossmember. Might make it challenging to have an hitch without going below the crossmember. I suspect you'll find an elegant solution though

Edit. Just noticed where you put it on the GX. Looks great!
Yes, the hitch is a little tricky. A high clearance hitch would require a notch in the crossmember which will compromise the strength so an additional crossmember may be needed for a high clearance version. I have actually really grown to like having the hitch hanging a little lower as it's the first thing to hit, you know what your hitting and you know it's not going to hurt anything.
That being said, even if the receiver is on the bottom of the bumper it will have a better departure than the most popular competitors. The competitors stick out 4-6" at least from the crossmember allowing a hitch to be raised into the bumper, this gives the appearance of high clearance but the added length takes from the overall departure. This bumper bolts up flush with the crossmember so what is lost in clearance is gained back due to the short length.

<<~~~~ Interested!! :popcorn:

Nice work Ben!

After seeing that bumper, I'm going to start coming to a dead stop at all stop signs!

Looks great Ben!

Last edited:
If I end up fixing my 100, or getting another one, you just got yourself a customer! Fantastic job Ben!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom