fj62 Build / resurrection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here we go again. We picked up this 62 as a daily driver yesterday. Paint is faded and has a few rust issues but she cranked right up and David did a good once over. Seems mechanically sound minus some belts that looked like they were original. The PO replaced the battery and already had a new set of belts to go on. David has to do a little tuning (advance timing) and we have to swap the belts then were going to play it ear from there. I plan on ripping off the running boads asap and I'll start on the worst of the rust after that. Here are a few pics.
IMAG0348.jpg
IMAG0349.jpg
IMAG0350.jpg

Last edited:
a few more

I'll post up some interior shots soon. Got cought up yesterday and didn't get any.

It will be nice to have some room. I've been driving around in a pickup for a long time. It will be nice to have room for the car seats and not have them up front in the pickup.
IMAG0351.jpg
IMAG0352.jpg

Last edited:
There is alot of rust along the bottom and a spot on the front of the hood so I think I'll fix it myself then cover it up with some bedliner. Depending on how it looks after I hit it with some "color back" I might do the roof to.

This is my inspiration.

P.S. I think David is lifting his 62 higher so I might get his 2 1/2 inch springs. This is a DD but it wouldn't hurt to be a little higher.
ccot.jpg

Last edited:
:crybaby:If u only knew how bad i wanted that rig!!!:crybaby:

If it makes you feel better the owner put it on craigs list on Friday night and about 10 or 12 people called her about it in less than 12 hours. When she told me what she would take I told her "sold" before we even went to look at her. My finances are screwed right now so I had to take a loan from the "bank of dad" but we got her. I was amazed. The po had two people show up after I talked to her with cash and she told them it was already sold and held it for me until we could get there. We got over there late yesterday afternoon and made the deal. She looked out for me because she lives down the street from my mother in law. She even threw in the new battery she bought and the new belts.

On a side note I met a guy (Edward) who was also there to look at it who has a 40 with a sbc. Gave him the info on Upstate cruisers and ih8mud. We will prob see him on here soon. Turns out he lives about a mile from me in Summerville.

Last edited:
Looks alot better here than in person...Paint is really in bad shape. May be after alot of compounding it will look alot better...(?)

Another one getting fixed up! What were they towing with that hitch? MIke

nope i feel no better. I had sent her a little $$ via paypal friday. But that being said i also prayed that if it was meant to be it would go smoothly and if not that he would shut the door so congrats!!

I did a little polishing compound on the right front fender, looks like new paint :clap::clap:except for the rust...:bang::bang:
Shot 2 cans of R-134 and got COLD A/C.:wrench::clap: Repaired an exhaust leak, now it is quieter than mine:crybaby::crybaby:
Replaced the belts that came with it first...alt works:bounce::bounce2:
PO bought a new battery, I got it tied down, still need a battery tray:meh:
Might end up being a pretty nice truck...eventually.
Still need to get a little more power...Right now, you can't pull out in traffic...I'm thinking timing, tune-up, I'm not sure, but it doesent have near the power(???) mine has. 0 to 60 in about 10 sec.
Thats not really fair, because 0 to 20 is about 1/3 of that.:banana:
Going down the road it does fine:steer::steer:

I dont' have any recent pics. I picked up a set of arb sliders/rub rails that connect to the arb and a new sror rear bumper for cheap. I haven't installed any of it yet, waiting for it to cool off a bit.
1.jpg

it's never too hot for cruiser upgrades!!!

It's really more sweat than blood and tears this time of year. Ask me how i know!!

it's never too hot for cruiser upgrades!!!

It's really more sweat than blood and tears this time of year. Ask me how i know!!

i know i know, i'm a lazy bastid. :doh: I'm going to try to get the sliders bolted up after church on sunday. The bumper, i'll get some help from someone with air tools. My knuckles learned their lesson when i installed the arb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom