New Dashboard and paddle shift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New Dashboard fron carobotor and shift paddle from pvs

DDDDDF2B-95D2-45AA-B94D-E2F058A767C4.jpeg

5329C4C0-7679-402D-A2C8-156E91755DF4.jpeg

The "new dashboard" is a DOA loser, but paddle shifters?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

More info on the paddle shifters, please!

TIA

The "new dashboard" is a DOA loser, but paddle shifters?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

More info on the paddle shifters, please!

TIA
What Doa Loser mean?
Here information about paddle:

What Doa Loser mean?
Here information about paddle:

DOA Loser means Dead On Arrival Loser. In other words, based on appearance alone, it does not appeal to me due to reduced contrast compared to stock center dash particularly during daylight heading into the sun - stock Optiline gauges have much more contrast - also, concerns about compatibility with ALL stock control systems.

Many thanks for the link on the shifters - very interesting.

HTH

Does the paddle shifter setup allow holding a gear? Or does it just adjust the “S” mode, aka the tallest gear allowed?

Does the paddle shifter setup allow holding a gear? Or does it just adjust the “S” mode, aka the tallest gear allowed?

Based on the very limited info at the link posted, looks like it mirrors the action of the stock shifter in "S" mode - so, yes, all it does is limit the top gear.

HTH

Pics are bad reference. I am very Happy with the Dashboard. I like more than oem and have all the original function and more.

There are a few shops selling the paddle shift setups including @EC OFFROAD. I believe the EC is wireless. @Abraxas9083 the setup you installed looks wired and super simple.

As others have mentioned the paddle shift gives you a gear limit just like the standard S mode but that's still very useful. The LX570 has a paddle shift so Toyota parts are available.

There are a few shops selling the paddle shift setups including @EC OFFROAD. I believe the EC is wireless. @Abraxas9083 is the setup you installed wired or wireless?

As others have mentioned the paddle shift give you a gear limit just like the standard S mode but that's still very useful. The LX570 has a paddle shift so Toyota parts are available.
hi RobRed, yes it is wireless

This guy has a customizable digital speedo:

F3671E13-8EFD-43FB-A95D-36FA0804A409.png

51FCFCB2-51D2-45C3-907A-58381FC7C6AE.png

094B48C6-11FC-469E-AF52-6488A2EAE0E7.png

If you set it for example in S2, it shouldn’t automatically shift up to 3rd gear. At least that’s how it is here..

If you set it for example in S2, it shouldn’t automatically shift up to 3rd gear. At least that’s how it is here..
Ah, that’s how our S mode works. I was hoping it would allow you to lock it in a specific gear vs just controlling up shifts.

Something interesting I've noticed on my LX:

- if I change the gear-limit via paddle shifters, that gear-limit will "time out" after a period of no paddle-shifter input, and the LX will go back to the normal D mode
- if I change the gear-limit via the regular shift knob, there is no time-out, and the LX will respect the set gear-limit until it's changed or placed back into D mode

Seems the paddle shifters are intended for short bursts of playing around, not lengthy use?

Something interesting I've noticed on my LX:

- if I change the gear-limit via paddle shifters, that gear-limit will "time out" after a period of no paddle-shifter input, and the LX will go back to the normal D mode
- if I change the gear-limit via the regular shift knob, there is no time-out, and the LX will respect the set gear-limit until it's changed or placed back into D mode

Seems the paddle shifters are intended for short bursts of playing around, not lengthy use?

You are correct - its operating as designed.

IF the trans selector is in D and you use the paddles it is temporary gear limiting.

Place the selector in S and use the paddles it will maintain your selection for top gear indefinitely or until something dumb happens like an over rev.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom