New Daily Driver...1988 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My71FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
This is my 5th toyota that I have owned. I, for some reason, keep buying red ones? It has 151K original miles on it. Very clean interior, with no rips in the headliners and almost perfect seats, and a small crack on the Pass side dash. The tires where pretty worn so with luck they where the exact same wheels and had the same tire size as my 71fj40 so I swapped wheel/tires and now I can get new bigger ones for my fj40 :)
2.JPG

What kind of mileage are you getting out of your 4-Runner?

Gman

I'll report mileage on my next fill up :)

BTW - What year did they stop using solid front axles?

BTW - What year did they stop using solid front axles?
I think in 1986, 84 and 85 4runners , were the only years that had solid front axles in USA. The 85 was also the only year to have solid axle , and fuel injection

Last edited:
Nice I like the two red toyotas. An 88 and a 71. Thats what we got too! CHeck it out.:clap::cool:
boystoys.jpg

That's a garage full of nice Trucks..lol
Gman

LQ9 4D Nice looking rigs. I am especially fond of your FJ40 :beer:
The answer is...I am getting right about 18.5 MPG. Mixed city/highway. Better than my 02' Durango got! Funny story....traded someone straight across for my Durango and thier 85 CJ7, then sold the CJ and was able to buy my 16 y/o son his first car and the 4Runner :) I believe I won on that deal! Having the CJ for two months and having to drive it REALLY helped convince me even more why I love my FJ40.

Nice my 88 was red until a utilty pole hit it.lol I drive it every day. Doing clutch right now. I rebuilt the top end and she is stock v6 that was chirping third after the triple valve cut every shift so the stage three clutch had to go.
image-123566567.jpg
image-3978385515.jpg
image-1715519595.png
image-3052154279.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom