New custom winch bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
I had Carl StClair at Outback Offroad Gear build me a winch mount bumper. It looks tough even though it needs a winch badly. I think I will be going with a Atlas 12,000 # unit, they are series wound and only cost $450.00. Seeing as how I finally got around to doing some mods on my 80 I did a few others. I herculined the fender flairs and below the molding around the bottom. I also built a set of drawers in the back. The drawers were a real pain in the :ban: . They may not of been so bad but I didn't want to get rid of my subwoofer, and I wanted them to be level with the second row seats when folded. Thus the problem Sub box (which was perfect air space for sub) was 11", second row seats 9". For a little added strength I used oak faced 3/4 inch plywood, probably didn't really do anything more than cost a lot. Anyways here's a few pics If you would like any of a certain angle or whatever let me know and I'll snap it.

Chad P.

note lights are not hooked up in these pics, I just hooked them up today. By the way how do you aim your lights?
drawer and bumper 116.jpg
drawer and bumper 117.jpg
drawer and bumper 120.jpg

More pics of project. Your keen eyes will probably notice that the tailgate release handle is missing. How much are they and where can I get one.
drawer and bumper 103.jpg
drawer and bumper 104.jpg
drawer and bumper 106.jpg

Last edited:
last three unless there is something else you want
drawer and bumper 109.jpg
drawer and bumper 112.jpg
drawer and bumper 113.jpg

Nice. Love the color. :)

nice job. Where did you get the carpet for the drawer/deck in the back?

The carpet came from Menards, It was one of the cheaper ones they had but it matched almost perfect.

Nice Chad!

There is just 2 3/8 wing nuts holding the jack to the back of the drawers. Real easy to remove or I can open both at the same time.

Truck has come a long way Chad from the stocker that you beat the crap out of at Attica!!

Good job and nice work Carl.

-onur
Corrales, NM

Looks great! Could you post some more pictures of the drawers, especially the subwoofer location?
Thanks

Here are the dimensions of the speaker box. I would take an 1/8th off the widthe if I was to build it again, it just barely fit between the wheel wells. Sorry for the shoddy diagram I did it in Paint and I'm no pro.
drawers and bumper 105.jpg
drawer and sub box diagram.jpg

Good job, looks great:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom