new cruiser!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
hi guys, I've been hangin around here lately and decided to introduce myself. I just bought a 77 FJ40 today for $1300. Needless to say it is a rust bucket, but the price was right and it's mainly the outsides of the tub, and the windshield frame, and all 4 doors. But I am excited! It has a 350 already in it, I do have one laying around that I was gonna use but I got lucky. I used to have a 71 that was really pretty sittin on 35's with a 327 I put in it. with this one I think I am going to put a dana 60 front in it with a 14 bolt out back. I already have the axles but they need to be shortened, I want it legal. I don't think I'll go any bigger than 35's. drop me a line if anyone has some parts I need!!

cool, but if you've been hanging here for a while, you know this thread is useless without pics ;)

nuclearlemon said:
cool, but if you've been hanging here for a while, you know this thread is useless without pics ;)

You are so busted :grinpimp:

Welcome!

are you sure I don't need the beef axles? I do live close to moab and don't care for trailside birf repairs!! I'll get some pics up soon, I've got hunting this weekend and my net is down. I've been using work computer.

bikinnotdykin said:
are you sure I don't need the beef axles? I do live close to moab and don't care for trailside birf repairs!! I'll get some pics up soon, I've got hunting this weekend and my net is down. I've been using work computer.

For the price of cutting down and fabbing up the "new" axles you could stuff the stocks ones with Longfields and forget about it! The banner at the top of the page has a sponsors list, Longfields is there check it out.

I am running 35's on the stock stuff... looking into the longfield option before Cruise Moab next year!

Welcome to Board!

Now we still need some pics.

Rezarf <><

pics will come in about a week, I am picking it up tomorrow. So if I don't need 1 ton running gear what do I do with my hydro assist 35 spline outer w warn hubs dana 60 and detroit lockered disc braked 14 bolt?? right now they are under my 86 blazer but my original plan was to put 3/4 ton gear under it (which I have) and put the 1 ton stuff in a cruiser. guess I'll keep it stock with longfields and see what happens for now. anyone know what gears the 77's came with? please don't tell me 3.73!!!!

they should be 4.11s. congrats on your new toy. the 14 bolt 60 combo sounds like it could be alot of fun being that you already have them. you would have to change out your transfer case to a centered setup. why not run them full width and modify your fenders to comply with the law.....i just reread the post and with 35s it is overkill to run the 14 bolt 60 combo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom