New cruiser owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Signing up here to learn, document and post on my learnings for all to laugh, smirk and maybe find useful at some point in time.

I have recently purchased a 100 series land cruiser, specs below:

2001, red, 4.2 1hd-fte 4 speed auto, VX model with cream leather and wood effect interior

Its been very well looked after, loads of toyota service stamps and all work carried out by toyota too!
A full differential inspection and rebuild costing near £4k back in 2010 just to name a few.

Things I like:
  • The power from the 1hd-fte is suprising for such a large lump of metal
  • The toys, heated electric seats, cruise control, power fold mirror - unusal for a car built in 2000, even for the amount it cost back then
Things I dont like:
  • Just had to replace a sensor on the fuel pump - timing control valve, £130 sure is better than a pump but ouch, for one sensor - Post coming about this soon.
  • Central locking gave up on me - ive just replaced one door motor, which still seems to be sticking when doing the lock/unlock cycles
  • MPG :rofl: coming from an old 1.9 diesel that did 50+ mpg this gets some getting used to
  • Lights - ever light but the front lights are dim, ive ordered from Pfan LED's a full kit - post coming soon too

So far a mixed feeling about the first few weeks of owning a 100 series, my old man has a 80 series which made me fall in love with Land cruisers, its done nearly 400k and I was blown away with its reliability.

Well thanks for having me!

Liam

Welcome to Mud!

All of your problems will find a solution here. (Not exactly....but close enough.....)

:beer:

What kind of mileage do you get out of the diesel?

Pics or it didn’t happen:flipoff2:
IMG_1045.jpg

Bog standard currently

Some service stuff done - fuel and air filter, new alternator and belts, oil & filter and timing belt next

Sort some of the areas that need attention, then tyres, change the side steps for sliders, remove all the old AHC lines and res and then treat the frame, service the rear locker actulator as thats not engaging currently.

Milage wise, not really sure currently, think im somewhere around the 400miles to a tank, but this is only based on one tank full atm, so time will tell.

So defiantly not 400, I’ve just hit 180 for half a tank, so maybe around the 360mile mark.

21 gallon tank, so about 17mpg currently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom