New Cruiser in Vic! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, new owner of a bj60 here, just wanting to get my name out there and hopefully get to know the cruiser community on the island!
just bought this 1981/87 bc/cali bj/fj60 haha. originally from bc this cruiser had its fair share of rust so the previous owner opted for a body swap. a 1987 fj62 from southern California was the pick, it made its way up here for its new life as a soon to be diesel! he swapped in his 1981 3b with 4speed onto the body and frame and new coat of paint finished her off. she keeps the 81 grill and doors and guage cluster as well.

a few tid bits about the rig...
SOA lift with proper cut and turn on front on 37" goodyear wrangler m/t
full floater rear end
3b diesel, non turbo
safari snorkel
custom winch bumper and warn winch

IMG_2513.JPG
IMG_2407.JPG

Welcome to Mud :flipoff2: Official greeting! Nice looking rig. You are a lucky guy. There are a bunch of us here,
there is a meeting tonight up island, you have time to make it. It's on another thread here. That would be a really
great way to meet several guys right away. I'm in Texas, just checking in, maybe see you later on when I get home.
If you see a green 60 / snorkel / winches fr and rr chase me down for a coffee, if I'm home I'm not working. :cheers:

Read the thread, cause it's NOT at 6 mile pub, - I don't think.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/next-meeting-saturday-sept-20th-7-00pm-6-mile-pub.817838/

Welcome to VI Cruisers! That is a super sweet 60 you have there! Can't wait to check it out.

I think you were the one I talked to on the phone today? I'm Nick. Meeting IS at 6 mile pub tonight at ~7pm. We usually sit in the back part of the pub that is a lower level. Hope to see you there. Significant others and friends are welcome too.

BTW, I would really like to see a couple of pictures of the sliders you have, closer shots of trim and how they fit. I got
a set but I haven't installed them yet.

Nice truck!

Hey, thanks. My buddy just told me mine have crapped out rubber window felt rubbers that the glass
slides in. I havent' seen them yet. I was curious at to what a properly installed set looks like. I've never seen
them before on a 60.

Welcome! Good to see some fresh blood. Nice truck, looks like its 7' tall... :D

Truck looks good on the road! I was surprised to see you over 100kph on the Pat Bay (although it was downhill lol) That was me in the dark blue Audi giving you the thumbs up today. :grinpimp:

It actually cruises at 100km really well! The gearing is spot on. Always love the thumbs up, funny seeing it from an Audi though I must say haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom