New Cruiser - Have Questions! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings cruiser heads!

I recently picked up my first Cruiser - an 06 LX470, and I couldn't be happier with it. I feel like I a kid with a new toy! My buddy has been talking these things up for years, and as I started to do some digging on them, everything I found said they were well worth the investment. So, after looking at a few hundred online, test driving a couple, and getting multiple independent inspections, I finally landed on this beauty. As far as condition - it is bone stock, used by soccer moms, has 163K miles on it, and has a stack of maintenance records. I have started the process of getting it up to where I want it mechanically with this laundry list - feel free to recommend anything else:

• New bearings getting packed on Friday
  • Fixing heater T's (of course they are leaking)
  • Full fluid flush (diff's, trans, brake, coolant)
  • Timing belt, water pump, serpentine belt+tensioner
  • Brakes/Rotors

Obviously I purchased for the durability, longevity, and some off-roading, but have some questions for the community!

1. What kind of preventative maintenance can you do on the AHC system? It is fully functional now, and I haven't noticed any leaks/problems, but this system is brand new to me and would like it to last until I get tired of it and delete or it fails.
  2. What kind of off roading is acceptable for a bone stock cruiser? I live in Idaho - super close to Yellowstone/Jackson Hole/Utah, but have never truly off roaded in anything but 4 wheelers and dirt bikes. What do I need to know?
  3. Any quirks about the 06/07 years that I should know other than the AHC?

Thank you all in advance - couldn't be happier to join this awesome community!

Cruiser.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom