New Club member #586 Ben Stafford (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saddletramp

GOLD Star
Threads
Please welcome Ben Stafford ( @staffaction ) to CopperStateCruisers.

Ben has a 2004 GX470 that is as yet unmodified, please tell us about your plans for the truck and about yourself.

Welcome to the club Ben!!!!!

Howdy! it was nearly a year ago after all our camping in 2020 that we knew we needed something other than the Honda Odyssey.. As it was, we rented cars for most of our adventures last year.

it's been 10 months of solid searching for a GX, though heightened in the past few months due to some new $$... I grabbed the one that showed up on the Forum 2 Sundays ago in LA. Drove it home and we are excited. 2004, 59k. Major respect to the seller for honoring the first come first served rule...he said he got lots of interest trying to "outbid".

We will be replacing suspension/adding lift. Ironman honored their weekend sale when I called in today. Props to them for that. That will be about a month from now due to no inventory. We will try to get tires before then. Other than that, in the near term we plan to delete boards/add sliders. Also adding a compressor. Then will have to wait several months for bonus/stock market gains before doing much else on it for awhile. Looking to get BFgoodrich K02 hopefully at a reasonable price at a Costco or other tire store nearby soon.

We camp or hike nearly every weekend. Last weekend we went out to Cherry Creek Rd/FR 203A near Roosevelt lake. our nominees for this weekend are Bartlett Powerline or FR24 in Cave Creek.

I am NOT a car guy. So I'm trying to learn a ton on this forum. Here are a couple pics of our trip last weekend in Tonto Natl Forest.

oh and you can find me on insta: outdoorstafford

IMG_5775.jpeg

IMG_5776.jpeg

Welcome aboard - looks like you're already putting it to good use,

got two of them - same vintage - love them :cheers:

although the gold one is the neeeediest vehicle we have ever owned :rolleyes: :bang: - and that came as a one-owner, with fully documented dealer service from day one - go figure :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom